• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Lowered Wilber Shocks

sloride

Took some pics while down to Edgewater Fl having my 40mm lowered ESA shocks put on by Herman Eshuis . He's a very conscientious businessman and excellant mechanic

20121004_173750.jpg
[/IMG].

20121004_164709.jpg

20121004_165538.jpg

I used Wilbers to lower my bike 3 inches and love them

I lowered my bike by 3 inches using Wilber shocks several years ago and have been very pleased with the results. The only negative consideration is that I scrap my bash plate when riding off road. Me and a buddy of mine both rode our 2005 r1200gs to Colorado in 2006. We used a jeep trial to cross over one of the mountain passes outside of Silverton. I bottomed out so often that I tore my stock bash plate off and flattened one of my exhaust pipes.
But it sure is nice to to be flat footed on my bike.

I'm enjoying the lowered RT. The Wilber shocks are so much smoother than stock.

The good = bike seems to handle the road better especially in the turns . The front end seems much more planted.

The bad = of course is the loss of lean angle. But I can live with that

+1 for Hermann. I just swapped my R1200R ESA shocks for Wilber's ESA, but stock ride height. What a difference! Hermann received my old shocks, attached the Wilber's custom bits to the old ESA housing, and took it back to UPS in less than a day. (The Wilber's bodies took three weeks to come from Germany before all that, though.) Great guy.

I paid an extra $100 and had the springs powder coated black.

Cheers, Tom

Back