• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new seat and other stuff

kthflieger

Just picked up a (new to me) 09 800GS. 30 minutes into the ride home confirmed that once again the boys from Bavaria can't design a good looking comfortable OE seat. After some research I decided to take a chance with the Seat Concepts seat. Slightly wider and firmer foam than the OE seat.
The install was very straight forward. Pull all the staples from the seat pan and remove the original cover. Remove the OE foam. Place the new foam on the seat pan, then place the new cover on the foam. The foam is custom molded to fit on the pan. Then just begin stretching and stapling the new cover in place. The OE seat pan is fairly soft plastic so a good quality T-50 type staple gun will suffice to drive in the staples. I did not need to use my air gun. I am really satisfied with the quality and after a few two hour rides the seat is nice and comfortable.

After that I added the BestRest products light bar on the front. What an ingenious simple design. Just pull the 4 screws that hold the front fender, then put the light bar plate in between the two fender pieces. Total install time - 10 min. Best Rest also had the simple luggage rack for the back on sale for almost half off!!

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I just got a 2013 that had the comfort seat and it looks a lot like yours, maybe they did finally figure it out. ;) Nice looking seat and bike. I bought the bike from the dealer floor so didn't choose the comfort seat option but I think I'm going to be glad it was on there, otherwise I'd do what you did.

Here's a cellphone shot of mine:

Attachments

• 176781_494066700613225_1031916046_o.jpg
    176781_494066700613225_1031916046_o.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 99
I like the colors on that bike! Did you have to pay extra for the comfort seat or did they throw it in gratis.

The seat was on the bike in the showroom, and of course on the price list too. ;-) They did give me the dealer incentive and a percentage off the, though, but I expect nothing is really free on a BMW. :)

Back