• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Television commercials worth watching

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Well, have you seen any television commercials worth watching? For me, I almost break my neck trying to get to the mute button when a commercial comes on. I wonder if consumers at large really like when their mates are made to look stupid or does the snarkyness of the commercial really makes them want to buy the product that is being presented.
I've seen a few good commercials, commercials that inspire me to buy the product. More importantly, I have seen commercials that it looks like the producers were really trying.
Here is one of my favorites as, if you look close, there is a lot going on in it. OM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pk7yqlTMvp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is another clever one-

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X4GZfvXx9Js" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I worked at EDS when the cowboy ad ran...we all rolled our eyes and groaned, since like all companies we were, honestly, just another bunch of dysfunctional people trapped in a big building.

The best and the worst are from the same company; State Farm. Any of the ones where the actors chant the slogan are stupid and obnoxious. However, I crack up everytime I hear "What are you wearing, Jake from State Farm? Uh, khakis. She sounds hideous. Uh, well, he's a guy...". Sadly, that dialogue was all from memory and it didn't work anyway, I'm with Nationwide.

My favorite, all time add is for Guiness beer...I will not supply a link as I will be moderated...
go to YouTube and type 'Share one with a friend'
If youare easily offended, refrain from viewing...

I miss ALL commercials

Sometimes I wonder if the wide spread use of PVR's will spell the end of television. Until then - WHAT A RELIEF! If I haven't pre-recorded a program and want to watch it in "sort of real time," just hit the pause button and pick up a book for about 20 minutes. Then skip through the commercials, 30 seconds per punch on the "skip forward" button. (In fact, that is how I learned that some programs insert as many as 4 minutes of commercials - 8 punches - multiple times per program.) I thought the number of minutes of commercials per hour was regulated, and maybe it is - no more than 40% commercials.

Hey, as a Neanderthal I was amazed how much I like our 46" flatscreen and even appreciate the 5 speaker surround sound. But the very best is being able to skip (not just mute) those damn commercials.

Even with almost no exposure to TV commercials I still manage to spend money, maybe even some with companies that spend the big bucks for TV ads. Hope it takes them a long time to realize they are wasting their money, at least on me.

Programing is just something to show between the commercials.

I agree with bckrider. I almost never watch a TV show 'live'...almost always recorded & FF thru the commercials.

The new "strong" commercials for Chevy pickups are pretty good.

One might, however, think the "imported from Detroit" stuff has been overrun by events.

Back