• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Missing Spacer on Front Axle- 88 k100

OK its been awhile since I did anything stupid and talked about it on a forum. I replaced my front tire for the first time back in January. Since then I have been losing air in the front slowly and I finally decided to look into it. My new metal air stem seem to be bleeding air so I replaced it.
Problem is that when I went to put my wheel back on, my small spacer was missing. I clearly remember pulling the axle out cleanly, the big spacer dropping and me placing the axle in a work tray. So either I forgot to replace in in January or it came without a small spacer. Can the brake rotors hold the wheel in place? Would it have damaged my bearings?

I think it is #5 on the chart.

bush_zpsb30f0836.jpg
[/IMG]

The large spacer limits how far the wheel can go. Your axle must have been a little difficult to hold when tightening, but no damage should have been done.

Back