• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

04 rt transmission specs

wz31857

wz31857
Does anyone have the 04 rt transmission specs for bearing to bearing dimensions on the three shafts.Thats outside to outside measurement of the assembled input shaft ,output shaft,intermediate shaft.My Clymer manual does not have specs for the 04 r1150rt model. Thanks Wayne

04 transmission specs

I can't believe no one has ever rebuilt there own transmission.I can't find anyone who will give up the specs I needed,not even the pros who rebuild ,I guess they don't want the secret out.I finally just took a stab at what would work and used my experience from other brand trans I have rebuilt.I replaced the six bearings a shifting drum and one fork.I rode 250 miles today north of L.A. in caynons shifting hard for 2 hours and a fast ride home.It's smoother than it's ever been and no more missing second.It was $96 for bearings and $70 for all the seals. The drum and fork came from an RTP trans with 18000 miles on it I cannibalized. So far So good.
It would sure be nice to have that info.

Back