• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'11 RT RPM fluctuation

klumbsh1

probably just a bit of paranoia on my part. Any one else experience RPM fluctuation a few hundred RPM when the bike is in neutral and you hold the throttle in the 2-3.5kish range?

RPM Fluctuation - 2011 RT

probably just a bit of paranoia on my part. Any one else experience RPM fluctuation a few hundred RPM when the bike is in neutral and you hold the throttle in the 2-3.5kish range?

I haven't experienced any fluctuation, but then I can't say that I recall trying to hold the throttle in the 2,000 to 3,500 rpm range while in neutral. I guess I'll have to try this. To date though, I haven't experienced any throttle instability during normal use.

I think its normal. Its the computer chasing the o2 sensor with no load. Does it really matter?

Matching the cables just off idle is where it works the best. The further open the throttle is, the less it matters.

David and my two cents.

Back