• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need touch up paint suggestions

Does anyone have leads for touch up paint source for:

1999 R1100GS alpinewhite

1996 R1100RS marakesh red

I searched for over a year trying to find Alpine White and Flash Green for my 93 GSPD. Found a place or two in the UK that say they have touch-up kits still available, but I didn't want to go thru the shipping hassles. I ended up going to a local CarQuest parts store that also has a paint department. They scanned the paint and made 2 ounces for $8. Match is perfect to my eye. Not sure if the paint department in a CarQuest is normal or just a local pairing, but you should be able to find someone in your area that provides such a service for automotive paints.

Believe me, I've contacted many dealers. The touch-up is no longer made for my bike. The paint code does not show-up in any paint dealers computer. After all that searching it took 15 minutes and $8 at the paint counter to have my paint

Somebody is missing a good business opportunity on bike paint as those guys are TOO! high. I can see bike paints being more than non niche cage paint but they are way out of kilter & own that market.

Back