• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fed up with these clowns

And all for a good reason.

This dealership charges $95/hr and 1.5 hrs to change both tires when you bring the wheels in. The local Yamaha dealer (=BMW dealer 20 years ago) does it for $50.I once had to wait 6 weeks to get a new rear drive via online order from Germany. All other parts I get per online order in less than a week for my '88 airhead.

Rumors have it that there is a problem for quite some time with this BMW dealership (=formerly an exclusive HD dealership).

/Guenther

wow. that passed ridiculous on its way to exorbitant. and then kept gpoing for a bit longer. sheesh.

not unreasonable.

You certainly should contact NA. That's the only avenue we have to try to solve 'over the top' complaints. It may or may not help, but unless we do something, we can't expect things to change.

Regarding comments from other shops - forget it. Can you imagine for one second a shop the raves about how great service at another shop is?..... :doh

That all said, my experience with service at that shop in the Springs was not at all good the first time I visited them shortly after they moved to the current location. However, during the 2011 IBR, I needed a very fast unscheduled tire change. Within minutes of the service manager getting in that morning - my bike was in and I recall the bike was finished just when they opened for business and I was back on my way in short order.

I do think - based on that experience and what I've heard from club members at meetings - they're trying to improve. Obviously, if what you relate here is 100 percent accurate, they still have a way to go.

Like I said, get with the club and see if they can't help somehow. If you like, you can email me privately and I can give you some names and numbers of folks that may be of some help. steve@nmpcs.com

Not everything has been wrong. I have had great relations with most of the sales staff regardless of if I was buying something. The service section is killing me though and I have had enough BS. I always bring in a good attitude and express my needs clearly. There is just an endless string of excuses as to why things cant be accomplished on the schedule they said. So for the record I still dont have my bike nor do I have a date when it will be done etc... I dont think I ought to hear i dunno from the service manager.

Look I am not really trying to complain non-stop just looking for alternatives so I dont have to be frustrated every time the bike needs service. I really do appreciate everyone's help and look forward to meeting some of you soon.

I fail to understand the delay in getting parts for your bike. I had an issue on vacation and needed a new ZFE and alternator neither of which were available in the US and Sierra BMW got the parts here from Germany in 72 hours. What's up with your dealers parts department?

:scratch
Yeah, the parts thing baffles me as well... I can get a lot of things in less than two days and at most a week. One local dealership bulk orders once a week, one every day from my dealings with them.
I don't expect dealers to stock every part in modern business times...and USPS/UPS/FedEX makes it possible to get some things overnight.

:scratch
Yeah, the parts thing baffles me as well... I can get a lot of things in less than two days and at most a week. One local dealership bulk orders once a week, one every day from my dealings with them.
I don't expect dealers to stock every part in modern business times...and USPS/UPS/FedEX makes it possible to get some things overnight.

:eek Just had a scary thought. Frequently, parts availability from a distributor/dealer has something to do with their credit status. If they are behind or have been late in paying their suppliers, they may not be getting parts because of that. Just an observation from other industries.

Nailed it

:eek Just had a scary thought. Frequently, parts availability from a distributor/dealer has something to do with their credit status. If they are behind or have been late in paying their suppliers, they may not be getting parts because of that. Just an observation from other industries.

I think you are dead on here. Someone has not paid their suppliers.

You know that is an interesting thought. They have just moved into a new shop in an expensive area, quadrupled the inventory, and had Ducati take away all their bikes recently. It is possible you are spot on sir. I would hate it if it were true because I love my Beemer and have no wish to go to Denver for warranty service.

BMW dealers can VOR parts. The VOR or Vehicle On Road program gets you anything you need overnight.

Something ain't right.

I am always happy when my vehicles (cars & motorcycles) go off warranty just so that I do not have to put my pride and joy into the hands of others.

The Saga Continues

So I just got off of the phone with the service department. First thing said was that I was on their mind and they were going to call me yesterday.

BLUF: The bike is still not finished because they are waiting on the panel from Germany since the US supplier doesnt keep it in stock and they have no idea how much longer. Best guess was a week to 10 days more. :gerg

I am starting to go through withdrawls here. Its a good thing I love within walking distance of work. CAN I GET A LOANER HERE!!! Bueller...

On the rare occasions where I have had issues with a service department, I have one conversation with the service manager and if that doesn't satisfy my requirements the next conversation is with the owner.

A rational explanation with him about what I need to "feel loved" has always, without fail, resulted in satisfaction.

On the rare occasions where I have had issues with a service department, I have one conversation with the service manager and if that doesn't satisfy my requirements the next conversation is with the owner.

A rational explanation with him about what I need to "feel loved" has always, without fail, resulted in satisfaction.

My Phone conversation was with the service manager. Perhaps I should see if I can get a weekend job over there and straighten things out. That would be super cause then I could get good service and money for farkles. ;)

You are way too patient... Something is not right and they are playing you.
I'm with the previous posters here, this dealership is the problem.
I was given the run around on a part once by the dealer in my area. After driving there twice for nothing I decided to go to the web and ordered it on line from a dealer with a very good reputation out in the north east. They also told me it had to come from Germany, but the big difference was that it was at my door step 5 days later and it cost me less...
Guess what, after several frustrating experiences with that dealer, they lost my business for good. That was the last time I went...
Few months later, they were out of business and based on what I read on local forums, nobody felt sorry for them.
Your situation really smells like BS.
Good luck,

My advice, start drinking heavily. No, actually buy a trailer so you can haul to another dealer. I understand this one is closer but don't enable them by doing business with them. I would be tempted to pick my bike up and tell them to shove it. Bad dealers happen. Just because you like bikes and open a shop does to mean you know customer service. This goes back to what I have said here before, most dealers suck. Most dealers are opened by guys who like to wrench. Guys who like to wrench are operations minded and not people persons. In fact most of them hate dealing with public. A good dealer is hard to find because it has to opened by a sales guy.

You really don't want your bike at a shop with money issues- you might get it stuck there for a while if they go belly up.
Once in a while it takes a few weeks to get stuff from Germany because it really isn't available in inventory there but those are pretty rare. These guys are either broke, dishonest, inept,, or a combination of those. (Actually, they sound like stoners who happen to like bikes)..

A good dealer is hard to find because it has to opened by a sales guy.

:huh I don't think that is a good barometer for success...a few dealers(2 in the Houston area) opened with a car dealer mentality by "sales guys"...they were closed in less than two years.

Kinda snobby attitude towards rider/wrenches as well. I bet more are operated and successfully by this combo, but it's just a hunch.

TeKnophile, I live in Monument and have a trailer if you decide to take your bike to Denver for service; I also work near Denver BMW. I recently took my 2010 R1200GSA to the Springs dealership for the 6k service which went relatively smoothly. It really would be convenient to have a shop locally that was efficient and trustworthy. Let me know if I can help you with the trailer?

Back