Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up with these clowns

Thanks for the resources everyone.

I keep meaning to get together with the local BMW chapter but I keep missing that 3rd sunday meeting because I am out riding I mean I did put 3000 miles on her in 60 days.

Quote Originally Posted by TeKnophile View Post
    Appreciate the support.

Like I said I am willing to pay some premium for BMW services and products but 50% is absurd and unjustifiable given that there is this magnificent tool called the internet where I can search the competition (I hesitate to use the term in this case though).

I will be filing a complaint with Motorad AFTER I get my bike back and can cease doing business with these guys. I am understanding of some errors and even appreciative in many circumstances. Having spent the last half decade in the Marine Corps I have to learned to trust others to get the job done even if its not the way I would do it. What I am not willing to deal with is the lack of professionality and inability to learn from previous mistakes. If I ask you to notify me about the status of my bike at a certain time it is unaccaptable to call me 24 hours later when I would have been picking it up had I not been behind schedule. More importantly I know when I am being lied to and I sincerely doubt that the new panel had a scratch but rather that the problem was they forgot to get all the necessary parts to complete the clutch master swap. Which of course points to a lack of professionalism/preparedness and un-BMW level of service. Had it been once I would have happily written it off but we are on strike 3+ here and I am finished and ready to NJP someone
    Unfortunately, you might want to change your philosophy from "trust others" to Trust Marines. In a free market system like ours either buyer beware, or buyer be sorry.

It has come to the point that when I buy a new bike or car; I do as much research about the dealer as I do about the product.

I'm behind you on sending the letter to BMW NA. If they can't handle the truth - that's their problem.

Good luck; you deserve better service.

E.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy View Post
    Unfortunately, you might want to change your philosophy from "trust others" to Trust Marines. In a free market system like ours either buyer beware, or buyer be sorry.

It has come to the point that when I buy a new bike or car; I do as much research about the dealer as I do about the product.

I'm behind you on sending the letter to BMW NA. If they can't handle the truth - that's their problem.

Good luck; you deserve better service.

E.
    Dont take me wrong I always do my research (thats why I ended up with a BMW, and for a great price too). The rule is to trust but verify. For the record I have already spoken with the manager at the dealership after the first few irritations and obviously it didnt help much. Granted I did get a phone call this time, not when I asked for it, not with good news, and not telling me they were doing as they said, but it did come. The truth is I owned my own business before my current career and learned early on how important customer service is because the single best form of advertising is "word of mouth". When you give just that little extra you get so much more in return. Unfortunately it seems like so many people these days carry and "entitlement" mindset and in situations like this they cant understand why you havent given them all your money. If I had unlimited funds I would still do my research because you must earn my respect if you want my business.

I will be contacting BMW NA to let them know the dealership is sub-standard. Coincidentally I spoke with another shop recently and they state that they have heard the same things from a number of other customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TeKnophile View Post
    I will be contacting BMW NA to let them know the dealership is sub-standard. Coincidentally I spoke with another shop recently and they state that they have heard the same things from a number of other customers.
    You certainly should contact NA. That's the only avenue we have to try to solve 'over the top' complaints. It may or may not help, but unless we do something, we can't expect things to change.

Regarding comments from other shops - forget it. Can you imagine for one second a shop the raves about how great service at another shop is?.....

That all said, my experience with service at that shop in the Springs was not at all good the first time I visited them shortly after they moved to the current location. However, during the 2011 IBR, I needed a very fast unscheduled tire change. Within minutes of the service manager getting in that morning - my bike was in and I recall the bike was finished just when they opened for business and I was back on my way in short order.

I do think - based on that experience and what I've heard from club members at meetings - they're trying to improve. Obviously, if what you relate here is 100 percent accurate, they still have a way to go.

Like I said, get with the club and see if they can't help somehow. If you like, you can email me privately and I can give you some names and numbers of folks that may be of some help. steve@nmpcs.com
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

Jay Kuhns does tires properly and inexpensively. The club has some very competent wrenchs that can help with other issues.
    And all for a good reason.

This dealership charges $95/hr and 1.5 hrs to change both tires when you bring the wheels in. The local Yamaha dealer (=BMW dealer 20 years ago) does it for $50.

I once had to wait 6 weeks to get a new rear drive via online order from Germany. All other parts I get per online order in less than a week for my '88 airhead.

Rumors have it that there is a problem for quite some time with this BMW dealership (=formerly an exclusive HD dealership).

/Guenther

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    And all for a good reason.

This dealership charges $95/hr and 1.5 hrs to change both tires when you bring the wheels in. The local Yamaha dealer (=BMW dealer 20 years ago) does it for $50.I once had to wait 6 weeks to get a new rear drive via online order from Germany. All other parts I get per online order in less than a week for my '88 airhead.

Rumors have it that there is a problem for quite some time with this BMW dealership (=formerly an exclusive HD dealership).

/Guenther
    wow. that passed ridiculous on its way to exorbitant. and then kept gpoing for a bit longer. sheesh.

not unreasonable.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAikens View Post
    You certainly should contact NA. That's the only avenue we have to try to solve 'over the top' complaints. It may or may not help, but unless we do something, we can't expect things to change.

Regarding comments from other shops - forget it. Can you imagine for one second a shop the raves about how great service at another shop is?.....

That all said, my experience with service at that shop in the Springs was not at all good the first time I visited them shortly after they moved to the current location. However, during the 2011 IBR, I needed a very fast unscheduled tire change. Within minutes of the service manager getting in that morning - my bike was in and I recall the bike was finished just when they opened for business and I was back on my way in short order.

I do think - based on that experience and what I've heard from club members at meetings - they're trying to improve. Obviously, if what you relate here is 100 percent accurate, they still have a way to go.

Like I said, get with the club and see if they can't help somehow. If you like, you can email me privately and I can give you some names and numbers of folks that may be of some help. steve@nmpcs.com

Not everything has been wrong. I have had great relations with most of the sales staff regardless of if I was buying something. The service section is killing me though and I have had enough BS. I always bring in a good attitude and express my needs clearly. There is just an endless string of excuses as to why things cant be accomplished on the schedule they said. So for the record I still dont have my bike nor do I have a date when it will be done etc... I dont think I ought to hear i dunno from the service manager.

Look I am not really trying to complain non-stop just looking for alternatives so I dont have to be frustrated every time the bike needs service. I really do appreciate everyone's help and look forward to meeting some of you soon.

sometimes ya gotta just step over the bodies and move on.

ntxt
    "Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

I fail to understand the delay in getting parts for your bike. I had an issue on vacation and needed a new ZFE and alternator neither of which were available in the US and Sierra BMW got the parts here from Germany in 72 hours. What's up with your dealers parts department?
    Marty - in the western Oregon mountains.'06RT, (gone '04RT, '86 Venture Royal, '81 Yamaha Virago920, '82Suzuki GS1100GK, '76 Suzuki GT750, Triumph 750 Bonneville, BSA Road Rocket 650, 61" Harley knucklehead)

Yeah, the parts thing baffles me as well... I can get a lot of things in less than two days and at most a week. One local dealership bulk orders once a week, one every day from my dealings with them.
    I don't expect dealers to stock every part in modern business times...and USPS/UPS/FedEX makes it possible to get some things overnight.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

Yeah, the parts thing baffles me as well... I can get a lot of things in less than two days and at most a week. One local dealership bulk orders once a week, one every day from my dealings with them.
    I don't expect dealers to stock every part in modern business times...and USPS/UPS/FedEX makes it possible to get some things overnight.
    Just had a scary thought. Frequently, parts availability from a distributor/dealer has something to do with their credit status. If they are behind or have been late in paying their suppliers, they may not be getting parts because of that. Just an observation from other industries.

Nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    Just had a scary thought. Frequently, parts availability from a distributor/dealer has something to do with their credit status. If they are behind or have been late in paying their suppliers, they may not be getting parts because of that. Just an observation from other industries.
    I think you are dead on here. Someone has not paid their suppliers.
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent View Post
    You know that is an interesting thought. They have just moved into a new shop in an expensive area, quadrupled the inventory, and had Ducati take away all their bikes recently. It is possible you are spot on sir. I would hate it if it were true because I love my Beemer and have no wish to go to Denver for warranty service.

BMW dealers can VOR parts. The VOR or Vehicle On Road program gets you anything you need overnight.

Something ain't right.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

I am always happy when my vehicles (cars & motorcycles) go off warranty just so that I do not have to put my pride and joy into the hands of others.