• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Need a pair of K75S Bar-End Weights

If you have compressed air , you can blow some under while you pull , fly right off.

Thanks for posting this great tip; my heated grips have stopped working (possibly started about the time I had a parked tip over last year) and I should investigate why before our cold wether sets in.

If I need to replace them, well, good excuse for trying something like the K1 grips.

Thanks for posting this great tip; my heated grips have stopped working (possibly started about the time I had a parked tip over last year) and I should investigate why before our cold wether sets in.

If I need to replace them, well, good excuse for trying something like the K1 grips.

Why not use the heated version of the K1 grips?

If my brain serves me well, K1 grips are slightly longer than normal brick grips.

OK, Lynn, I might consider those if they will fit (imagine same they are the bars/specs) but I don't really need or want longer grips; the stock ones seem fine to me.

I'm hoping it's something like a broken connection that I could fix but won't know until I remove them.

Hint: Is it only one grip that doesn't work or is it both grips?

If one grip, it's probably that grip.

If both grips, it's probably in the common wiring under the tank, the switch, or a fuse.

:dance:dance:dance

Heated grips on my '94 K75S

Hi Lee; Just saw your post. It's both grips and I am tending to suspect the switch or an intermittent connection somewhere.

I'll be taking the tank off again when I get the new FPR so will look around the wiring under the tank as well. Don't think it's a fuse as I think they were all OK last time I checked. But the grips have worked intermittently over the last year or so hence the bad connection hypothesis.

Any clues as to where and what the heated grip wires look like will help.

I'll try to pull the grip switch out and have a look at that with my multimeter as well.

Sorry for the slight diversion off-topic...

You can follow the two wires that come out of the center bottom of the handlebars and follow the switch wire. They plug into a Y harness that is about a foot long that is stuffed under the tank.

The Y harness has one leg that the two grip wires plug into, one leg that the switch plugs into, and one leg that plugs into the main harness (on the left side, 6" forward of the frame crossbar) where it picks up the power from the bike.

:dance:dance:dance

Thanks for the precise description, Lee; I'll check it out next week when I start working on the bike. Knowing where to start is a big help---thanks again!

Once again, there are no OEM K75 bar end weights, they simply don't exist :)

When I put the euro K100 Standard heated grip kit on my K75S it came with a new bar included - current fiche shows it as a replacement for the K75C bar though I believe the bar was slightly different, wider maybe, than the "C" bar back in 1996 or so when I bought it. The bar itself was not drilled/notched for bar end weights but it came with little anchors as Don has mentioned in a previous post that slid inside the bar and friction fit the included bar end weights. These may or may not fit your current bar. It looks like they are widely cross-model and still available though, part #61 31 2 300 084. They are #3 in this photo:
B0000681.png

Back