• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R1100S Windscreen

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
I have the optional BMW "touring" windscreen on my bike. About 17" tall. My issue is that the deflected air is directed at my lower helmet area. No buffeting but a metric tonne of wind noise. I've always worn earplugs but its still bothersome.

Anyone had any experience with different height windscreens? How well does the standard, shorter one perform?

Thanks in advance for your knowledgeable advice, ideas, insults. :laugh

Al,

Lots of people reading, but no replies yet, eh? I've got the touring screen too, but it's just fine for my height....

Why not try posting on the Pelican Parts forum...? A lot more S riders in that crowd.

I've had a thought or two about trying a taller screen, but worry that I'd run into the same problem you're having. Although I'm only 6'2", I have a short inseam and a long torso, so my helmet seems to be well above the turbulent zone. Since I rode Ducatis for 10 years I have no problem with a lot of airflow....

Cheers!

You might watn to try the stock screen. Your head is in the airstream, but it's smooth air. Works fine for me.

Thanks for the input and the link, gentlemen.

I think I might try a standard height windscreen. With me being a towering 5'8", it could be a relatively cheap and easy fix. I'll hunt someone down locally and see if I can purloin a ride on their bike before ordering.

I have the optional BMW "touring" windscreen on my bike. About 17" tall. My issue is that the deflected air is directed at my lower helmet area. No buffeting but a metric tonne of wind noise. I've always worn earplugs but its still bothersome.

Anyone had any experience with different height windscreens? How well does the standard, shorter one perform?

try the Laminar Lip - http://www.laminarlip.com/r1100s.php

Attachments

• R1100S_with_Samsung_Galaxy_2_45.jpg
    R1100S_with_Samsung_Galaxy_2_45.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 42
Back