Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lightweight motorcycle cover?

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    I'll take the cheap covers, thanks. The expensive ones don't do anything special except cost you more money.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    I'll take the cheap covers, thanks. The expensive ones don't do anything special except cost you more money.
    Show me another one that packs up as small and light as the Aerostich that covers an entire bike all the way to the ground that's made to last?

Quote Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
    Show me another one that packs up as small and light as the Aerostich that covers an entire bike all the way to the ground that's made to last?
    The 16 dollar eBay one does the job. Buy one and discover for yourself. Been there, done that.

If you have to buy six eBay covers, you're still waaaaay ahead.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Smile

Look into GEZA motorcycle covers. Ride Safe
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    The 16 dollar eBay one does the job. Buy one and discover for yourself. Been there, done that.

If you have to buy six eBay covers, you're still waaaaay ahead.
    that's why I buy tools from the dollar store. I can buy a bunch even if they don't last and still be cheaper than anything else.

Or for some things spend an extra couple of bucks.

Good thought though for something that is a wear out item. Kind of like socks/sponges.
    Rob R
    1994 K75 My first bike.

"BILT" at Cycle Gear,

Was just given a Bilt cover from Cycle gear and its probably the best built cover I ever owned. BUT, its bulky, football size at best when packed. It stays outside the saddlebags. 45$ on sale(normal double that) and they sell a cheaper one too. My 100+$ covers are in my past, not worthy, most of'em I've tried. WalMart even sold a 19$ cover that was better than the pricey 100$ ones, still using it on another bike for years now. The above BILT one I just recently was given(BDay), had me wondering about its size and bulk, BUT I got over that quickly and it covers my complete GSA1200, loaded with all my gear for camping really FINE. Its built exteremely well, no pun as the name suggests. BILT! Not everything comes in a tiny package. I like. Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    My 100+$ covers are in my past, not worthy, most of'em I've tried. WalMart even sold a 19$ cover that was better than the pricey 100$ ones, still using it on another bike for years now.
    My experience exactly. I'd rather spend the money on fuel.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Yep:)

Getting one as a BDay gift sure beats the alternative. Mine(new BILT) is big, bulky, heavy and is likely a last ever cover for a very long time. Its very robust and hurricane proof, naaa but you get the point. It carries very easy on top of my trunk or thereabouts, on extended journeys. I do camp right alongside my bike at most of the campsights anyways and the cover could stay home too! Randy

Lightweight cover...

My local BMW shop had the Guardian Ultralite cover at a reasonable price. It packs down pretty small and is good for " light rain" and it keeps the dew off the bike. For traveling in iffy weather, it is a good value. Not the ultimate but then again, the bike is an outdoor toy... I also carry a towel to wipe the seat if needed and I hit the cover with Scotch Guard after a few uses in the rain.
    Bill M
    Fort Myers Florida
    1975 R75/5, 1978 R80/7
    1989 K100rs, 2004 K1200GT