Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: anybody use one of those outside storage sheds ...

I have been using a 10' x 16' for several years. The whole shed is devoted to bike equipment from riding gear to camping gear and all my tools to service the bike. In hind sight I would of gone with the 12' X 16"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

When we first bought our new house, I used a 9x10 metal shed for the bike. After a couple of years I had a 30x30 garage built. Now we have 4 bikes...
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle

In the beautful foothills of the Ozarks, Southeast Missouri.
    You have a nice looking shed Sarge and look at all the snow!! Lucklily my wife lets me keep all the camping gear in a room in the basement. If she didn't t I am not sure I could have it all in a 12x16. Where in the heck do we accumulate all this stuff anyway?? I guess we all make do with what we have and should consider ourselves lucky as some have to just throw a bike cover over it and park in street.
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS
    AMA, BMWMOA #153389, IBMWR and NRA

In the beautful foothills of the Ozarks, Southeast Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgadley01 View Post
    When we first bought our new house, I used a 9x10 metal shed for the bike. After a couple of years I had a 30x30 garage built. Now we have 4 bikes...
    Now a 30x30, that is a nice garage!! With 4 bikes though I could see the need.
    Ron Morris
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    2009 F650GS
    AMA, BMWMOA #153389, IBMWR and NRA

Quote Originally Posted by SirRonny View Post
    Now a 30x30, that is a nice garage!! With 4 bikes though I could see the need.
    I think the way he told the story is:
    small garage
    one bike
    new, bigger garage
    3 more bikes to fill it.

Kind of like how a gas fills its container.
    Rob R
    1994 K75 My first bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsara View Post
    I think the way he told the story is:
    small garage
    one bike
    new, bigger garage
    3 more bikes to fill it.

Kind of like how a gas fills its container.
    Our house came with a 50X60 "garage" you don't want to know!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

For you guys that have electricity in your sheds/garages, I recommend getting one or two of those plug-in ultrasonic (is that the correct term?) pest repellers. A while back, during the winter birds built a nest in my helmet and I saw a woodchuck go inside during the day. We also have lots of skunks in the area this year. But since I put the pest repeller in about 4 years ago, I have had no problems and I do like to keep the garage door open during the day on milder winter days to get some sunshine and warmer/fresher air circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicVW View Post
    For you guys that have electricity in your sheds/garages, I recommend getting one or two of those plug-in ultrasonic (is that the correct term?) pest repellers. A while back, during the winter birds built a nest in my helmet and I saw a woodchuck go inside during the day. We also have lots of skunks in the area this year. But since I put the pest repeller in about 4 years ago, I have had no problems and I do like to keep the garage door open during the day on milder winter days to get some sunshine and warmer/fresher air circulation.
    I find that the ultrasonic also cuts down on the number of spiders hanging out in the man cave in addition to the varmints (mice and squirrels).
    In the end, you will regret much more those things you didn't do, than those which you did.

Option to Keep Rodents Out

I've used in my garage for a few years and we put in all the farm cabs on tractors, trucks, combines, etc and never had a rodent problem since. Can be found at most hardware stores, Sears or on Amazon. 1 pouch lasts 2- 3 months in a single car garage and over the winter in a vehicle. I like as pretty safe if you have pets around.

http://www.earth-kind.com
    Darrell

ClassicVW and Darrell, are you talking about the same device? I DO have an extension cord out to my shed for a battery tender and am VERY INTERESTED in a device that keeps out mice, also bats.

Understand how the bat (seems to only be one) gets in under the eaves. The mice perplex me as I nailed a batten to the bottom of the door (only low entry) which gives them about a 1/4" clearance, but since finding mouse poop put out a couple traps and have killed over a dozen.

More info and brands would be most welcome. Hope they have them in Canada.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Our house came with a 50X60 "garage"
    You win
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

20 X 20 attached garage and 17 bikes

I keep my wife's W 650 in the living room along with a few /2's, I stuff 5- 7 in the garage, several are out in my 12 X 12 shed, a few pending restoration rescues are on the lanai and the rest are "in progress" restorations and scattered throughout the house in various closets and other little cubby holes. One can not have to many idle time projects as far as I am concerned.

Fortunately the steel building is on its way and should be up and water tight by mid November, I just hope I fill it with completed projects before I come across another one.

Oh and right now the '66 Bronco is under a tarp resting after its latest flogging in the back 40.