• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

booster plug '10 R1200R

Have two, one on a '05 1200GS and the other on a '10 650 GS Twin. Best $150 I ever spent on any type of performance piece (excepting suspension, which is a lot more expensive). Both bikes run much better off idle with better throttle response into the midrange. No big performance gain, just better rideability.

It only adds a littlle extra fuel during accel so won't do much to lower combustion temps, usually measured as EGT. And EGTs on street motors aren't in the range of being high enough to be a borderline issue. Typically 200 or 300 degrees below the too hot zone. You can get a street motor into the danger area by increasing air flow a lot, then feeding the extra feul but at a lean enough concentration to push EGTs way up- I had a turbo rotary motor that routinely operating in the 1600 plus range and would melt wastegates over 1700..

Can't say my 08 RT really needs off idle changes- runs OK stock..

I have an '11 RT with it installed...should have come this way from the factory;)

Would I suggest buying one to a good friend...I would :thumb

If by choice you buy one, be sure and re post and let people know what you think :blah

Thanks Man -

Have two, one on a '05 1200GS and the other on a '10 650 GS Twin. Best $150 I ever spent on any type of performance piece (excepting suspension, which is a lot more expensive). Both bikes run much better off idle with better throttle response into the midrange. No big performance gain, just better rideability.
Ditto. For me it is the icing on the cake. The bike always runs like it has just been sync'd and tuned. No stutter or hesitation. Best farckle I have installed.

Back