Thread: booster plug '10 R1200R

booster plug '10 R1200R

http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-21.html

i'm not too interested in more performance (what with me being an old fart) but if the mixture is richer it would seem the combustion temp is lower which may be better for the metallurgy

dunno but ain't gonna dump $150.00 on it.
    Last edited by f14rio; 09-27-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    "Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

Have two, one on a '05 1200GS and the other on a '10 650 GS Twin. Best $150 I ever spent on any type of performance piece (excepting suspension, which is a lot more expensive). Both bikes run much better off idle with better throttle response into the midrange. No big performance gain, just better rideability.
    Paul Mulhern
    MOA# 56330
    '05 1200GS Big Blue

It only adds a littlle extra fuel during accel so won't do much to lower combustion temps, usually measured as EGT. And EGTs on street motors aren't in the range of being high enough to be a borderline issue. Typically 200 or 300 degrees below the too hot zone. You can get a street motor into the danger area by increasing air flow a lot, then feeding the extra feul but at a lean enough concentration to push EGTs way up- I had a turbo rotary motor that routinely operating in the 1600 plus range and would melt wastegates over 1700..

Can't say my 08 RT really needs off idle changes- runs OK stock..

Ed,

Take a look at this too: http://www.sol2.be/Performance/ENG/Home/index.html

It makes my head hurt to wade through the hype on both the BoosterPlug and Accelerator pages, but I'm pretty confident that they do the same thing.

Given that the actual contents of the Boosterplug are minimal (see: http://f800riders.org/forum/showthre...lerator-module ) the lower cost Accelerator might well do exactly the same job.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

thank you, david

ntxt
    "Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

'Forgiven'
    I have an '11 RT with it installed...should have come this way from the factory

Would I suggest buying one to a good friend...I would

If by choice you buy one, be sure and re post and let people know what you think

Thanks Man -
    Dana

God Bless America
    2011RT "Favor"of God

Quote Originally Posted by Texpaul View Post
    Have two, one on a '05 1200GS and the other on a '10 650 GS Twin. Best $150 I ever spent on any type of performance piece (excepting suspension, which is a lot more expensive). Both bikes run much better off idle with better throttle response into the midrange. No big performance gain, just better rideability.
    Ditto. For me it is the icing on the cake. The bike always runs like it has just been sync'd and tuned. No stutter or hesitation. Best farckle I have installed.
    B-est M-otorcycle (in the) W-orld
    Have Bike - Will Ride

Lengthy discussion about this over on the R1200R forum (http://www.r1150r.org/). Comments by several who run boosters.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost