• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member in SC

Sandlapper

Hello fellow members from the great southland (Columbia, SC), where the summers are longer and the winters are shorter....ergo more windshield time.:whistle

Been riding one type of scooter or another most all of my life. Started on the dirt and move from there.
Was always a Harley guy (still own a 1993 Fat Boy), no reason especially, just like them. But as the years past became more interest in comfort. Was looking at a GoldWings and saw this one on EBay, so I bid and I won it.

Took delivery Labor Day weekend and have been on it every chance work gives me some time off.
Great Bike, just had to get used to the weigh and the brakes (especially those front ones, yikes)

2003 K1200LTE

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpg
    IMG_0944.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 51
it's big!

Frank,
Welcome and have fun with that giant bike. It's big enough that you may be able to use the rear brake like a Harley.

Frank,
Welcome aboard from a little southeast of you. Enjoy this perfect riding weather we are having.

Lucky you

You are lucky enough to live close to one of the best BMW wrenches of all time...Clanton Austell. His shop is off I-20 in W. Columbia.

Clanton's #

Clanton and Mark Atria [Chair of the 1974 BMWMOA] owned the BMW dealership in Columbia.

The number at the shop is;

803-808-2445

Be sure to tell him I said hello.

Double good

Frank, I'm riding more all the time so let's go. And I also appreciate the information from Jerry!

Last edited:
Back