• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dayton MOA Chapter

I'm on the northern fringe of Cincy near Kings Island. 38 year rider but recently made the switch from HD to a R1150RT and love it. I'd be interested in helping develop a new chapter. I'm still working but I will watch the thread and meet if its at all possible.

BTW, I grew up in Dayton, '72 graduate of Meadowdale...

Mark
'05 Piedmont Red R1150RT

Thats good to hear. We would be happy to have you.
Keep an eye on he thread and if you wish< PM me and I wil forward my personal information.:thumb

It is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.
We have a breakfast/ride on the first Sunday of each month at various locations.

It is Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.
We have a breakfast/ride on the first Sunday of each month at various locations.

Well then Maybe, Maybe, Maybe...

I already have ride plans for Sunday but should they fall apart then I will be there. I would very much like to meet the group and see what your riding style and preferences are.

Mark

What'd I Miss?

I just stumbled across this thread...I'm on the north side of Dayton in Harrison Township. I'm interested in learning more. I'll check back for updates.

Organization Meeting

Hello to all,
After a Long battle with Alzheimer's my father passed away on the 12th of October.
My wife and I were his primary care givers. He had lived with us for the last 8 months.
This is the reason I have not been " in the loop " for the last two weeks. But now its time to move on and get this new chapter organized.

Thanks to all that have posted their thoughts and intentions. Our next step is to set a time and place for our initial meeting. We have folks from all over the area so a central location would be best. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
This meeting would be to establish a " core group " who would be willing to invest a little time and energy to start the process of organizing the chapter.

MOA has advised that they will assist with information that will guide us in our process and will help us reach out to the MOA members in the area to establish our membership base.

This is a open call for members. If you are interested please post a response or send me a PM so that I can contact you. For the folks that have already posted, I will PM you in the near future.

Thanks. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

:thumb

I am interested. I don't know what I can contribute but an willing to find out.

Tim

Tim

Thanks Tim. For now please let any of your " Beemer Buddies " know about our/your efforts to get this chapter started. Have them post a note to me and I will send them a PM ( personal message ) with my contact info. :clap
We will be setting up our first organizational meeting shortly.

Update

Just a quick note to all that are interested.

I was planning on sending PM'S ( personal messages ) to all that have responded to the forum posts but the PM feature is not working at this time.
So, in order not to clutter the forum posts with all our back and forth communications please contact me via my personal email Binkleyln@yahoo.com. Please included your email address or other contact info so that we have a secondary mode of contacting each other.
I will keep you all updated and also post general info on the forum.

Ron ( Milford ) and Travelin John ( Burlington ) please email me at Binkleyln@yahoo.com so I can add you to the email list. Thanks.

Thanks for your patience.:clap

I just stumbled across this thread...I'm on the north side of Dayton in Harrison Township. I'm interested in learning more. I'll check back for updates.

Tim

Me too, I'm in just south of Dayton in Moraine, local group would be good.

:clap
Hi guys. Sorry I could not PM you with the info I planned to send. It seems there are some bugs in the forum software at this time.
Anyway, please email me at my personal address - binkleyln@yahoo.com and I will keep you updated with regard to our progress. I will also fill you in on what we need to do to establish the chapter. I the meantime, tell any of your riding buddies about our efforts. We need to get a core group together to start the process of contacting the BMW MOA members in the area.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.:bikes

Hey Guys...I just joined the BMW MOA and found this posting. I may have "chatted" with one or two of you on the BMW Touring Forum. I work here at WPAFB - Active Duty - and just purchased a 2013 RT. I'd be happy to help start up a Dayton Area Chapter. Time may be of the essence due to my traveling some for work - and having a couple children - but whatever I can do to help promote it. //Rob

Hey Guys...I just joined the BMW MOA and found this posting. I may have "chatted" with one or two of you on the BMW Touring Forum. I work here at WPAFB - Active Duty - and just purchased a 2013 RT. I'd be happy to help start up a Dayton Area Chapter. Time may be of the essence due to my traveling some for work - and having a couple children - but whatever I can do to help promote it. //Rob

Congrats on the new RT. I would like to see it.
We are just starting up and I am putting together a core group. Thanks for your interest. I will keep you in the loop.

Bob

Bob

Here you go. Let's see if I can attach a photo correctly...

Attachments

• 2013 R1200RT.jpg
    2013 R1200RT.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 67
Ditto, only one year ( actually 4 months ) older with a few "Farkles".
Got mine at Ohio Motorcycle in Hillard. Best bike I have ever owned.

Bob

Just a quick note to all that are interested.

I was planning on sending PM'S ( personal messages ) to all that have responded to the forum posts but the PM feature is not working at this time.
So, in order not to clutter the forum posts with all our back and forth communications please contact me via my personal email Binkleyln@yahoo.com. Please included your email address or other contact info so that we have a secondary mode of contacting each other.
I will keep you all updated and also post general info on the forum.

Ron ( Milford ) and Travelin John ( Burlington ) please email me at Binkleyln@yahoo.com so I can add you to the email list. Thanks.

Thanks for your patience.:clap

I tried that addy...but it is one of those that puts up a reply page,...with no send button?

Ron in Milford....rprior49@gmail.com

Please email me at binkleyln@yahoo.com so I can add you to my MOA contact list, thanks

Bob

Back