• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dayton MOA Chapter

Dont forget about us Northern Kentucky folks ( about a dozen or so ) OR even the
nearby Indiana contingent in the Cincy metro area. We ride allot but have always
had to "cross" the metro traffic area to join about anything the club and previous
dealer put on. Now without the dealer, its bike nite or moa/ra rallys or nothing.

Travelin John... red 04R1150R

John,
Please email me at binkleyln@yahoo.com so I can add you to my MOA contact list, thanks

Bob

Greg here -

I live in Arcanum, about 30 minutes (north west) from the 70/75 interchange, work in Miamisburg. Add me to your list of interested parties for a local Dayton chapter. I'm still working with kids at home, but I could make time for the club. I'll drop you a line via e-mail too.

Greg here -

I live in Arcanum, about 30 minutes (north west) from the 70/75 interchange, work in Miamisburg. Add me to your list of interested parties for a local Dayton chapter. I'm still working with kids at home, but I could make time for the club. I'll drop you a line via e-mail too.

Good to hear from you. I got your email and appreciate your interest.
I am currently working on a overview of what we will need to do to establish the chapter, so be patient and I will be in contact.

Thanks

Hey Guys - Just ran across this thread. I'm leave within the city of Cincinnati and although I am crazy busy at work and have little kids in the house, I'd like to see what I could do to help the effort. I'll send an email to Bob right now.

Gentlemen ... Well, I hope everyone made it through the winter unscathed -- even though we still have a few snowflakes in the air as of today (3/13). Bob... How's it going with getting a Dayton area chapter going? Looking foward to some rides this Spring/Summer timeframe. Looking at the most recent BMW magazine, there are going to be a couple nice weekend getaways that are somewhat close by -- one in Gettysburg and the other in NW North Carolina. Seriously thinking about those. Would be nice to do something different. Please let us know if you need any assistance! //Rob

Gentlemen ... Well, I hope everyone made it through the winter unscathed -- even though we still have a few snowflakes in the air as of today (3/13). Bob... How's it going with getting a Dayton area chapter going? Looking foward to some rides this Spring/Summer timeframe. Looking at the most recent BMW magazine, there are going to be a couple nice weekend getaways that are somewhat close by -- one in Gettysburg and the other in NW North Carolina. Seriously thinking about those. Would be nice to do something different. Please let us know if you need any assistance! //Rob

Hey USF,
Still here. Feet solidly frozen to the ground. Actually got out last Sunday for a couple of hours. Old Blue liked stretching out and getting the oil moving.
Have not done much with regard to the chapter, seems everyone went into hibernation for the season but I suspect we will be hearing from the " crew " as the temps rise.
I am signed up for the RA in Ashville and also the MOA in Salem. Been busy farkeling and planning the trips.
I would be open to Gettysburg, have a relative buried there somewhere according to my Dad. North Carolina would be nice too, love the "BRP".

I would propose all those folks out there that have interest in a Dayton Chapter drop me a line here or PM me so we can establish some lines of communication.
I have several names and email addresses on file and I will be sending out a email soon. But please, if you are at all interested please contact me thru this thread or PM me.

Thanks to all and Happy almost spring.:wave
Bob

Call for Members/Initial meeting/Meet and greet

Hello again.

I would like to extend a open invitation to all that are interested in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area. The season is fast approaching and it is time to get this chapter organized.
There will be a initial meeting held at Roosters Miamisburg on Saturday the 23rd of March at 3PM. The address is posted below.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the formation of the chapter, the MOA requirements and what we can do to fulfill those requirements. I expect the meeting to last about 60/90 minutes.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New Location: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A better location for our meeting was suggested. It is just a few blocks away from the original and will be allot more suitable for a meeting than a sports bar
during March Madness.

Here is a link. Google Maps.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...k,+OH&ei=k7pIUcTWB_Sz4APLioGQCA&ved=0CKcBELYD

Marion's Pizza of Kingsridge Drive, just south of the mall off 741.
Same time ann duration.

Sorry for the switch but I should have thought this thru before suggesting the first place.:banghead

See you all Sat.

Bob:wave

Last edited:
Meeting location change.

Hello again.

I would like to extend a open invitation to all that are interested in starting a MOA Chapter in the Dayton area. The season is fast approaching and it is time to get this chapter organized.
There will be a initial meeting held at Roosters Miamisburg on Saturday the 23rd of March at 3PM. The address is posted below.

The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the formation of the chapter, the MOA requirements and what we can do to fulfill those requirements. I expect the meeting to last about 60/90 minutes.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New Location: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A better location for our meeting was suggested. It is just a few blocks away from the original and will be allot more suitable for a meeting than a sports bar
during March Madness.

Here is a link. Google Maps.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...k,+OH&ei=k7pIUcTWB_Sz4APLioGQCA&ved=0CKcBELYD

Marion's Pizza on Kingsridge Drive, just south of the mall off 741.
Same time and duration.

Sorry for the switch but I should have thought this thru before suggesting the first place.:banghead

See you all Sat.

Bob:wave

Meeting Location Change

Please see above

Call for Members/Initial meeting/Meet and greet/New MOA Chapter - Dayton, Ohio

Hello again.

There will be a initial meeting held at Marions Pizza, Miamisburg on Saturday the 23rd of March at 3PM. The address is posted below.

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&so...-84.224689&spn=0.006544,0.010514&z=17&iwloc=A

Bob Johnson

Binkleyln@yahoo.com
937-3694908
or PM on this thread.

Thank You in advance.

PS....I really wish it would stop snowing!:banghead

Please join us to help set up this chapter.
This is a ground floor opportunity to help establish a BMW Motorcycle Club in the Dayton Area
All BMW owners are Welcome - We will be happy to show you why BMWMOA is such a great organization

We had an encouraging turnout Saturday. I look forward to seeing how the club progresses.

Back