• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K 1200LT radio

donaldrushing

High Beemer
I have a radio on my K 1200 LT that just quit. I removed the battery negative post and grounded the cable to remove any charge. All fuses are good. This is a AM/FM single CD with a six CD changer. It is a BMW professional 2000 audio system. There is no display or any lighting period on the radio display. The light in the trunk also quit about the same time. Also, does a lot of plastic have to be removed to remove the radio? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!::scratch

Mine did the same thing until I put in a new battery old one would lose charge and
radio would go out . Don' t know about trunk light see if you have voltage with key
on . mine only works with the key on seems odd to me you don't open the trunk
while going down the road .
Ernie

. Also, does a lot of plastic have to be removed to remove the radio? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!::scratch

Simple answer yes. You need to remove both side covers to remove the radio stingray. To remove the side covers you must also remove the mirrors (pop off), turn signals ( one screw and one twist connector for the wires) and deflector wings (3 screws each). Estimate around 20 - 30 screws to do this.

Not difficult just time consuming. NOTE: Pay attention to what length screws go in each hole. Their are three different lengths used.

Back