• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Member (with fractured femur)

C

chiltech500

Hi everyone,

My name is Bernie and as soon as I mend from an auto making a left turn in
front of me, I'll be buying a r12rt ....

I'll also be buying a fluorescent green helmet and textile jacket and "crossing guard" vest to wear over leathers, etc.

This will be my first BMW as I have outgrown other type bikes - having been spoiled for touring by prior ownership of an 1800 Goldwing - but not it's 900 + pound weight.

I know without having ridden an r12rt that it is the right bike for me. Reviews I've read from reliable sources (including a great rider I 've ridden with who switched from a KTM adventure to the r12) make me excited.

I have something to look forward to after a long recovery from my accident - probably earliest riding opportunity with proper re-conditioning for my leg will be next spring.

Anyone want to sell their '10 r12rt?

Glad to hear the injuriy did not discourage you from continuing your riding. Good luck on the RT search :thumb

Back