• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ordering from the factory

samuelh

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to order a custom configured bike from the factory? I'm looking for an f7, lowered with all the trimmings including ASC.

SH

Ordered Silver F700GS

I ordered a silver F700GS from BMW M/C of Grand Rapids on 08/26/12 and was told to expect three months as Apple Red ones are the first ones to arrive. We had no problem with this as the bike is for my wife, she is getting hip surgery on 10/24/12 and has a F650GS ('01) to ride in the interim. It "appears" the delivery time-frame depends upon the color chosen not particularly the options selected.

I ordered my 09 F800GS in September but requested it for March delivery. The dealer submitted it for the January build run. I would expect therefore that you'd need to expect 3-4 months, possibly longer if there is larger demand.

Back