• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Falling Leaf Rally

This is Roger Mansfield's R75/5 which is running nicely after all the effort he has put into saving it over the last few years

Attachments

• 102_0310.jpg
    102_0310.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 236
This is Rick and Dave from St.louis. We were poking around examining a wierd electrical issue on Rick's R100RS. One of the other Airheads, Tim from St.louis, found a brush hung up in it's guide on the alternator stator.

Attachments

• 102_0309.jpg
    102_0309.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 234
As you can see, the tent city is smaller than in past years, but I think everybody had a good rally, and there were no disasters that I know of .

Last edited:
Another fine rally! Great seeing all of our friends around the camp fire. Always good to see our Airhead buddies.

Camping was good,weather good, BMW branded folding chair for $10 wow what's not to like....Well this was my first time to the rally & I thought the bathroom areas sucked. Door falling off the mens john come on, doors missing inside, clean :scratch. Someone needs take care of those areas. Heck the porta potties were in better shape.:(

FLR is awesome. Could'nt ask for a friendlier group of people. That was the quietest fri/sat night :dunno
Enjoyed hanging out with the milers both nights. They pass food around the fire all night

Glad it stopped raining before time to pack up sun morning.

Last edited:
Well this was my first time to the rally & I thought the bathroom areas sucked. Door falling off the mens john come on, doors missing inside, clean :scratch. Someone needs take care of those areas. Heck the porta potties were in better shape.:(

We agree but there is little we can do. The grounds are owned by the Potosi Lion's Club and they don't have much money. It's not likely they will bulldoze the bathrooms (what needs to happen) and build new ones. We as a club can't afford to do that for them.

Thanks everyone-had a great FLR again this year! I think I can safely say the /5 is officially a "rider" and the "major combat phase" is over. Especially since the James A. "tightness" decree!

Thanks to everyone out there that gave advice, assistance,info,etc. to get this one back on the road. I plan on keeping her for a long time. Looking forward to replacing the seals and all the little stuff so I won't have to mop up after every ride.

Some pics

Always enjoy your pics Marilyn.

Heres some from that saturday, alphabet roads so of Potosi.

W west of Anapolis, south of Potosi
P1000893-S.jpg

Council Bluff Lake off DD. Coming back this winter to hike and camp.
Nice trails around this lake.
P1000891-S.jpg

Sutton Bluff road N or Centerville
P1000899-M.jpg

Current river was pretty low
P1000896-S.jpg

Last edited:
We will be back next year, we did enjoy it very much.Great roads, weather was great and peeps are friendly.Next year we may enter as a vendor, not sure yet. We enjoy the rides a bit much.

RRR

Last edited:
I've always loved that rally --although it's been known to be cold (like frosty). Nice friendly rally. Couldn't make it this year, hope to next time...

Mac

After riding the back roads all day I like to sit and relax by the tent. Listen to the boxers coming and going. Cant get enough of that!

2012-10-12-182536-M.jpg

Just took the battery out and drained oil from the /5 yesterday. Had a great time with it at FLR and so now have the enthusiasm to go forward with all seal replacements and to have her ready for next year. Thanks for posting the photos. This riding season went too fast (again).

Back