• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Falling Leaf Rally

RapidRoadRescue

Who is going and who got more info about it?
I did find the rally flyer but what I'm looking for is info on past experience at that rally in past years, good and bad.

RRR.

Great backroads - paved and gravel. Friendly folks, great atmosphere, free firewood. Free anvils - if you can catch it, you can keep it :whistle

This will be my fourth since my first FLR 2007. Ditto previous positive comments.

Really nice twisty asphalt roads south of Potosi....stay on alphabet and double alphabet roads and you'll have fun all day!

It's been just luck but the weather each year (excluding 2010) was outstanding...temps mid-70's and great fall colors.

Camping is a great time and the free firewood dropped at each campsite for evening fires is a nice bonus.

Stop at Bixby on Route 32 and definitely have lunch at the local convenience store. Great food, ice cream, and all kinds of cool crap hanging from the ceiling. Always lots of BMW's parked out front and a good place to catch up.

Iowa riding doesn't offer as much practice riding the twisties. This ralley gives me a chance to brush up on my riding skills shooting curves, engine braking, counter-steering, etc.

Hope you can make it.....you'll have a great time!

The riding in the area is worth the trip. I'm not a huge rally guy unless I can help (or watch) a fellow airhead at the airhead tent.. but stay for the anvil blast.

I've lost track of how many FLR's I have attended. Always one of my favorites. This year I hope to actually ride and not work on my old /5. Weather can be changeable, so just remember to be prepared!

Riding Partner

Anyone form SW Ohio heading to the rally looking for a riding partner drop me a line. Thinking about going but prefer to ride with other folks.

This would have been my fourth...but unfortunatly my wife has signed up for her first 100 mile run somewhere in the middle of Kansas that weekend.

I really feel I owe her the support of going, plus I don't want her driving home alone after running for 30 hours!

I had been looking forward to it all summer though.........
Oh well, next year..

Ken

I'll be there, one of my favorites. Great backroads, mellow crowd, some vendors not alot. Go to Gateway rider site and check out Marilyns pics from previous rallies.

It can be dry and 90f or wet and 30f, plan accordingly. If it snows I'll proaly trailer down :laugh

Weather looking good

Weather is looking good :clap for the beginning of the Falling Leaf Rally next weekend, 10/12. Free firewood will be welcomed for the chilly evening/morning. Who is going?

10/11 Thursday - A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
10/11 Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
10/12 Friday Sunny, with a high near 60.

Forecast is from NWS.

Anyone from SouthEast Wisconsin attending besides me? :thumb

the weatherman don't know :dunno .. whats going on..

will be leaving from Mayville wi.. it's kinda like the edge of southeast wis :scratch

I'll be leaving at noon Thursday and 1st stop will be Countryside BMW. Plan to stop around St Louis and catch the v-p debate.

Potosi weather forecast continues to look awesome.

Friday - Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
Friday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Southeast wind around 7 mph.
Saturday - Partly sunny, with a high near 77.
Saturday Night - Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Sunday - Night Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Tip of the hat to the Gateway Riders club on a successful Falling Leaf Rally :dance. Had a wonderful time and kept the chill off with the free firewood. Missed catching the anvil. What a show that is, the anvil taking off like a rocket. Plan to be back next year. Also picked up a BMW camp chair for $10 from Gateway BMW.:dance

Thanks to Gateway Riders for a great rally, curvy roads ,beautiful leaves just right temps, great camping it was fun. The rain held off until I was in my tent and stopped just before morning ,a great time again Thanks :dance

Indeed, another wonderful Falling Leaf rally. I have a few pics from the Airheads tent.

Attachments

• 102_0311.jpg
    102_0311.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 232
Back