• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New BMW R1200RT owner

RAINEY
Hello all. Just want to introduce myself. I bought my 1st BMW a month ago. I bought a 2012 R1200RT and loving every mile so far. In the past I have owned a few Harleys and after riding a BMW demo I was hooked on the BMW's. Looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced BMW owners.

Jason

Welcome! I'm also a '12 R12RT owner.

Lots of info in the camheads ('10-'12 RT) and hexheads ('05-'09 RT) subforums!

Welcome. HD riders tend to keep the RPMs low. I think you'll be happier with the bike if you shift at 4-6k RPMS, and cruise around 4k. Have fun.

Welcome. HD riders tend to keep the RPMs low. I think you'll be happier with the bike if you shift at 4-6k RPMS, and cruise around 4k. Have fun.

You are correct. It took me a while to find the sweet spot. It was even stranger for me to get out on the K1300GT with the higher limit

My buddy has a K13GT. I'd kill myself with that much power. But I love twisties and the RT seems to handle better on the twisties.

My buddy has a K13GT. I'd kill myself with that much power. But I love twisties and the RT seems to handle better on the twisties.

That is one of the reasons that I bought the Rt too. I though I wanted a good used K1300GT or a new K1600GT or GTL. I really liked the agility of the RT. The 1300GT was a beast on the straightaways and didn't care what gear you went into a corner with.

Pic of the bike that made me part of the BMW MOA Family

Attachments

• _KLH4155.jpg
    _KLH4155.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 92
Hello all. Just want to introduce myself. I bought my 1st BMW a month ago. I bought a 2012 R1200RT and loving every mile so far. In the past I have owned a few Harleys and after riding a BMW demo I was hooked on the BMW's. Looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced BMW owners.

Jason

Congrats on the RT, got mine in April and love it.

Yes, congrats and enjoy! I got my '11 RT Just last month and am loving it more and more with each ride. (Only after I changed the seat to a Sargent!)

Back