• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Starting that thread for the BDB rally

SilverGirl

Rapunzel
So... how do we get together for a little meet and greet of the women and their co-pilots at the BDB rally??? Looking forward to the rally!

Louise

Just show up at the campfire!

I'll be the one on the KLR tho. Leaving my GS home so that I can focus on some serious dual sport riding this weekend.

I'll be there - either evening works for me. Look forward to seeing some familiar faces from FLR and meeting some new folks.

No co-pilots here!! Hee hee...I'll be there definitely at the campfire and at dinner times both days trying to take your 50/50 money (bring lots!!) Can't wait to see you familiar faces and to meet the new ones!!!

BDB Campfire

No co-pilots here!! Hee hee...I'll be there definitely at the campfire and at dinner times both days trying to take your 50/50 money (bring lots!!) Can't wait to see you familiar faces and to meet the new ones!!!

Yep, I'll be at the campfire! I'll probably be doing the rotisseree (sp.?) thing trying to keep both sides of me warm. :nod

Just be patient with me... if you call my name or say something to me and I don't respond I'm not being snobby. Really. I am hearing impaired so call a little louder or repeat what you said (and make sure I can see your face as I lip-read to some extent). :ear

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Louise

The weather forecast is definitely improving!! But...it will be chilly on Saturday night as that cold front comes through..hope we don't get a lot of rain, but bring your rain gear!! Also, there is that added bonus of a music festival on the grounds above where we have our rally, and your wrist band to the BDB will get you into the music fest, so there will be a lot going on!! I'll give a (literal) shout out to you, Louise! And can't wait to meet you, Tracy! :clap Please come up to me if you see me first!!

Looking forward to meeting you both! I'll be in Cabin #3 or 4. Our club has two reserved.

Yep, I'll be at the campfire! I'll probably be doing the rotisseree (sp.?) thing trying to keep both sides of me warm. :nod

Just be patient with me... if you call my name or say something to me and I don't respond I'm not being snobby. Really. I am hearing impaired so call a little louder or repeat what you said (and make sure I can see your face as I lip-read to some extent). :ear

Louise

The Rhode Island Club will be there, several who are also Yankee Beemers. We are in Cabin 19/19A ( I think) stop by and say hello. :wave

BMWBMW will have a cabin on the hill, not sure of the number, but you'll see our banner!

Safe travels, and look forward to meeting you.

let's keep our fingers crossed on the weather

The weather forecast is definitely improving!! But...it will be chilly on Saturday night as that cold front comes through..hope we don't get a lot of rain, but bring your rain gear!! Also, there is that added bonus of a music festival on the grounds above where we have our rally, and your wrist band to the BDB will get you into the music fest, so there will be a lot going on!! I'll give a (literal) shout out to you, Louise! And can't wait to meet you, Tracy! :clap Please come up to me if you see me first!!

Yeah... I was just looking at the forecast. Not the best but doesn't seem to be a washout either. It'll be just a tad nippy in the morning tomorrow (Friday) here but that's why they make heated grips and electric heated jacket liners! I'm going to be real glad to have both. It can rain at night all it wants.... That's what happened at the Vermont rally a couple of weeks ago.

Don't waste your energy shouting if I have my helmet on! I wear the type of ear plugs that block all noise. (I just got them this year and I don't know HOW I rode without them all these years but that's not why one of my ears doesn't work.) If my helmet is off... shout away! My smile is ready. :):clap

I have no idea what cabin I'm in but I'm looking forward to not having to pack and set up the tent for this trip.

Vroom, vroom!

Louise

The Rhode Island Club will be there, several who are also Yankee Beemers. We are in Cabin 19/19A ( I think) stop by and say hello. :wave

If I don't find you, look for me. I have the silver midget R1150R.

So looking forward to meeting everyone. :dance

Louise

Louise

Understand your condition/situation----hampered by the same audio problem..however, I must say lip reading is fun and a personal source of enjoyment.
It continues to amaze me how the human being picks up on so many visual clues.
Makes our eyes even more important and precious!

Have a great day and life!

Jim

Understand your condition/situation----hampered by the same audio problem..however, I must say lip reading is fun and a personal source of enjoyment.
It continues to amaze me how the human being picks up on so many visual clues.
Makes our eyes even more important and precious!

Have a great day and life!

Jim

Nice to know I'm not alone. For me the impairment comes from my mother having had German measels in the first trimester when she was pregnant with me. It's a common birth deffect when the mother has that while pregnant - especially when the disease hits early in the pregnancy. Usually the child has no hearing at all. There are other birth defects that can happen too that are more severe so the doctors tell me that I am fortunate in that I have as much hearing as I do. These days I am trying to protect what hearing I have.

Louise

Excellent weekend, my mishap aside. The MARs group was well represented and looking to beat the Ocean State club out of the attendance award next year. :stick thanks to the BDB for a great rally!

Poconos rally

Excellent weekend, my mishap aside. The MARs group was well represented and looking to beat the Ocean State club out of the attendance award next year. :stick thanks to the BDB for a great rally!

Great to meet you, Tonya, and Roy and everyone else! Had a great time! The ride home was really sweet with mostly back roads all the way. A beautiful fall day with the brilliant sunshine and the foliage colors coming in. Today was wild animal day with several deer at one place getting us to stop so they could scatter off the road, then a short while later a couple of pheasants or turkeys fluttering off the road out of the way, and as if that wasn't enough right after the top of Mt. Adams in MA I encountered Mama bear and her two cubs crossing the road! Hard on the brakes for that last encounter to keep my distance from them. Wow! I've never encountered bears before and this was my first experience with the up close but thankfully not personal experience with deer.

Tracey, heal well... take it easy for a while; thank you for coming to introduce yourself to me. Wish we had connected earlier. Tonya, wish we had had more time to yak - it was fun talking with you. :blah Roy, great to talk with you - thanks for coming to find me.

The music was a great bonus and that all turned out well. On Saturday night I don't know who was having more fun listening to the music - the kids or the ralliests. :dance The music can be there next year! Thanks to BDB for a great rally in that gorgeous setting you've connected with. I'll do my darndest to be there next year!

Lfouise

I didn't manage to do the coordinated meet up with people around the campfire, but it was great to run into Tonya and Allyn again. Of course Jody with BDB is always a hoot. Chatted with Claire and her husband George around the fire on Friday.

Love this rally, and I chatted with some of our club members (along with Erik, dual BMWBMW and BDB member) about how to pitch in next year following the plea for help at Saturday dinner.

It was great meeting up with everyone again (and also meeting a few new women as well) this past weekend, even if it wasn't "official" and a little mixed up with locations because of the music fest. (I never even made it to the new campfire location!). I am proud of the BDB members (and they know who they are) who really worked their buns off before the rally and keeping things running smoothly this weekend with the added potential headache of the music festival. It certainly made things interesting, didn't it!! And thank you, Maria, for already trying to think of ways to help out next year. I'm glad the message was received and I'm sure Ken and everyone else will be grateful for the help. Feel free to email him at blackdiamondbeemers@yahoo.com at any time. Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Back