• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

New rider here with a question

The Wave

For many years I have ridden with a loosely organized (actually disorganized is a better description) group of guys and most of the others ride Harleys. On one long weekend adventure and in keeping with the whole Harley/Badass Biker/Pirate theme we came up with a different wave. Upon encountering an oncoming rider we could clap our left hand over our left eye and shout "Aarrgh"...it never did cautch on and we got a lot of strange looks, but it was fun anyway.

We ride with a few 'Wings on occasion...H & I started to tuck left hand under armpit and raise elbow up & down...ya know...like a chicken wing! :laugh:laugh:laugh

Some think it's funny anyways:lurk

Nice!

Whats the deal with acknowledging an oncoming motorcyclist? Some point two fingers down, some do a Hawaiian thing with the thumb and pinky, others just wave by pointing their clutch hand fingers up. thanks for your input.

Seriously? I actually love that you've made a thread asking about how to wave "properly" on a bike. You'll find the topic to have nearly as many answers as your typical oil, or tire thread. Here's my spin on waving- just do it! I wave to anything and everything on two wheels, to people in cars who don't pull out in front of me, and to girls. People have different "waves" but anything will do- just make sure you can wave safely. If you think you have to do it a certain way, then do what you feel. IMO there's no right or wrong. Again, nod or ignore if you cannot acknowledge another rider in total safety.

Enjoy your bike and have fun out there.

Back