• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Boston to Montreal

D

Draken

Hello all
Heading up to Montreal from Boston next Friday, 21 September. Would like to make my way up through NY (Adirondack Mountains). Can anyone make any route recommendations on the trip north? Will head back south through my favorite parts of Vermont Thanks

Boston to Portsmouth, then over and up through the white mnts. Up across Lake Champlain, then north to Montreal. Great ride, done it dozens of times. Border crossing might be a tad slow though.

Thanks  will probably use that as a return route and jump on the Kancamagus on the way back. Wanted to try a route north through Adirondack Park  will try to pick something out Will let you know how I make out.

I don't really understand the attraction of the Kanc unless you do it in winter. :scratch

7994082506_0c8803076a_c.jpg

This is likely the best resource for N.E. and eastern NY roads: http://www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNewEngland/BestOfNewEngland.htm

Agreed I even like hiking the 4000 NH peaks in micro spikes, trail crampons or snowshoes every winter. However, the rider who will be with me may have an issue! Thanks for the resource

Agreed… I even like hiking the 4000’ NH peaks in micro spikes, trail crampons or snowshoes every winter. However, the rider who will be with me may have an issue! Thanks for the resource…

Have a nice trip. I'm trying to get a ride in to the Parc du Saguenay in QC before it gets too cold, but I'll definitely be avoiding big cities, except Trois-Rivi?¿re. I've tried to do this ride twice and had to abort in 2008 because I neglected to load GPS maps (it comes with maps, right? HA!) and 2009 four days after I had 3 cardiac stents and panicked with chest pains in La Tuque, QC. My cardiologist did say specifically I only had to stay off the bike for 4 days.... He was more relaxed about it than I was.

Anybody want to do this ride with me, please let me know. I could use a riding partner, and yeah, I speak a bit of French. I'm planning on three days and I don't have chest pains anymore.

Looks like 2 West out from Boston to NY. Make our way over to Saratoga Springs then 9N all the way up to Keeseville. Ill bail onto 87 then 15 in Canada  for the return may try to hook into 100 up top and take it all the way south back into MA. Definitely planning for the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec next Spring. I have fished for salmon in that area and the roads are incredible  I have read that accommodations are a pain to organize, but I have all winter

Looks like 2 West out from Boston to NY. Make our way over to Saratoga Springs then 9N all the way up to Keeseville. Ill bail onto 87 then 15 in Canada  for the return may try to hook into 100 up top and take it all the way south back into MA. Definitely planning for the Gaspe Peninsula in Quebec next Spring. I have fished for salmon in that area and the roads are incredible  I have read that accommodations are a pain to organize, but I have all winter

Give me a shout if you want company on the Gasp?® next spring, would love to do the north shore again. And Cap Bon Ami is incredible, as are the Acadian girls in the bakery at Perc?®.

Back