• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Heavy Duty Coat Hangers . . . .

CTellman

Now that I have organized the garage I have a great place to hang my riding gear. No more pile of heavy gear over a chair. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could buy HD coat hangers?
Thanks,
Campbell J Tellman II
:thumb

Now that I have organized the garage I have a great place to hang my riding gear. No more pile of heavy gear over a chair. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I could buy HD coat hangers?
Thanks,
Campbell J Tellman II
:thumb

I hear that you can get HD coat hangers from the bandanahead/chrome shop for $100 each. :stick

While the selection of dry cleaners is shrinking due to EPA regulations, if you check with a dry cleaner that is doing the actual dry cleaning themselves, I think you will get what you need. It's good to note that a lot of the small shops have the big shops do their dry cleaning for them (the sub the cleaning out). I think you'll find that they have an assortment that will work. OM

Aerostich sells some with wide shoulder plates. I think that they call them shoulder savers or something like that.

Most places like Target and K-Mart sell 6-packs of standard wooden suit hangars; BB&B always seems more expensive...

In the back pages of Cycle World, there are ads from "Black and White" for super-heavy-duty hangars for your leathers.

Joseph A. Bank, the men's clothing store. Got one for my Roadcrafter and it was half the price of Aerostich's.

Try your local Dive Shop. If a wet suit hanger can handle a wet suit, it should be able to handle your riding gear.

Dealer?

My Dealer in Nashville is continually trying to give them away. It seems more often than not people are not taking the hangers with them when they purchase new apparel.

Aerostich sells some with wide shoulder plates. I think that they call them shoulder savers or something like that.

The key for these is having wide shoulder plates. When it is cold in the morning like it often is where I live narrow hangers cause the coat to form the material into quite painful ways sometimes - wider is good. :thumb

R184, has the right idea, dive gear hangers are the way to go
You can hang all your gear without worrying about failure

I have never seen a heavier, or wider, hanger than the one supplied by Aerostitch. I even have B-3 coats hanging from them.

I use a wide shoulder wooden hanger I received from a tailor when I bought a suit years ago. I see them in yard sales periodically.

Was curious about the wet suit hanger idea and was amazed at the range in prices for what seemed to be the same hanger.
http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-166...-Hanger.html?gclid=CJO0u8HDvbICFeg-MgodpC4AzQ
Theses guys sell one for $$25.00 and was priced as high as $63 on some other sites with the same picture and specs.

Not quite the same... Looks like for $63 you get the hanger with the built in electric fan. For $25 you get the black hanger without the fan

Hd coat hangers

Scuba diving supply store will have good hangars obviously designed for neoprene suits, etc. but they have soft corners, etc. and are stout.
Robb

Back