• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Instrument Service and Repair

huskydriver

Huskydriver
I did a forum search and did not find any information on instrument repair providers or feedback (unless I missed it somehow :banghead ).

I just bought a '92 R100RT and the faces are a bit hard to read due to the plastic faces. Any ideas or reports on companies that you have used for repairs? :deal

Thanks.

Clay

I did a forum search and did not find any information on instrument repair providers or feedback (unless I missed it somehow :banghead ).

I just bought a '92 R100RT and the faces are a bit hard to read due to the plastic faces. Any ideas or reports on companies that you have used for repairs? :deal

Thanks.

Clay

Foreign speedo in san diego seems to have good feedback and has done well since advertising in the airmail. They will probably have experience with your models instruments since they've been working on airheads. I have no idea how much it would be to get it from Florida to San Diego though, may be cost prohibitive.

Overseas speedometer in Texas.they do good work and the prices are fair in my opinion.There is also a guy that goes by the name Wirespokes over in ADV rider.His name is Terry,also highly recommended.

There are several plastic cleaning products that should help. I have used rubbing compound and plexiglass cleaner (it's also an abrasive) to clean plastic lenses. Most auto stores sell lens restoring kits for automotive headlamp covers. The plastic lenses are damaged by ultraviolet light from the sun. My 35 year old (1978) instrument lenses are still clear.

If the instruments are not working or are out of calibration, then you need an instrument repair company. Of course, if you don't feel comfortable using cleaners then there are several instrument repair companies which can help. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips on places to go, and to look. I am picking up the bike today :twirl and will need to do a little fuel work on it since it has not been run for a couple of years . After that, hit the road with the GPS and check calibration of the speedo and see what other issues I have :dunno .

Thanks again.

:usa

Clay

I went to my friendly BMW dealer and paid 350.oo for a new speedometer with the correct dial face numbers to convert from a 85 mph speedometer to a 140 mph speedmoeter,I just took apart the instrument pod and replaced the unit as a whole.It's nice to know how fast over 85 you are going,in the proper place! :wave

I gotta ticket in Wisconsin once.

Back