• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2002 K-LT questions

Just got mine, 2002 and was wondering.....

What does the button marked BC , on the right combo switch do ?

And where are the seat-heat controls located?

I have no owners manual yet, and the controls have allot of fading.

Thanks!

BC? Blinker cancel?
The seat heat controls are located, if sitting on the bike, just on the underside of the right hand side of the seat. Each seat has it's own control. Centered is off, forward is "toasty", and rearward is "blacken".

"BC" = Bord Computer -- German for the onboard computer. Each time you press the button, the dash display cycles to the next info screen (mpg, miles to empty, etc.).

OK, "BC"= computer, and I saw the screen up by the mirror.....but as for the seat heat?..there are no switches on the right side by the seat ? There are wires going to the seats, don't know else they could be for?.....

I thought maybe "BC" stood for Butt-Comfort......just kidding..;)

I've only had it home one day, haven't picked up a battery for it yet, as such I can't turn anything on. I jumped it when I rode it, but was paying attention to the more important items....

Just an FYI...this thing is Silver, and it had dirt imbedded deeply in the paint. I spent about two or so hours on one side with one of those Clay-Bars.....it made an amazing difference . I thought I might have to paint it?..but it's cleaning up nicely.

Has anyone done anything with the sidestand on a KLT?

It seems to me, it could easily fold on it's own, even a slight roll forward. I appears to be too long? and /or doesn't go forward enough?

It seems to me, it could easily fold on it's own, even a slight roll forward. I appears to be too long? and /or doesn't go forward enough?

Most will park in gear for added "insurance". I just try to avoid parking downhill and always turn the wheel to the left. I don't know why, other than it's what they taught in motor officer school.

If you haven't found it yet, take a look over at http://www.bmwlt.com for a wealth of knowledge about the motorcycle.

A couple folks filed the stop to left the stand go a bit father forward, and lean the bike over a bit more -- most haven't though. At nearly 900 lb. the LT can be a pain (literally) to pick up off the sidestand if it is leaned over much more than the stock angle.

I remember sidestand complaints/discussions since at least 2000 -- the universal response is "stop the engine, roll the bike forward in gear until all of the slack in the drivetrain is taken up, then set the bike onto the sidestand."

Back