Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cough Klunk Locked

Paul:
    Any news on the 650? Not comfortable on the edge of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Paul:
    Any news on the 650? Not comfortable on the edge of the seat.
    No, not really. I have started to guess that it is a cam chain locked up but don't really know that. It is in the shop, ready to take apart, but I keep procrastinating about whether I should go in the left side, the right side, or the top first.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Left side for sure

It would give you access to the water pump and other potential causes without having to rip the entire bike down to subframe and fasteners. From the looks of things from my armchair I would say it would tell you the most with the least amount of fuss and mess.

Paul:

In neutral. Clutch pulled in. Engine won't turn either direction. Either direction? It ran well until it stopped. Smoke. Ten days parked. Spark plug out. Starter out.

This is great! Better than Murder She Wrote. It's a real MYSTERY!

Since I just bought a G650GS I am really interested. Oh, is this a two cylinder? Does it have a zillion miles on it? And finally, why is it that you don't like this bike very much?

Still on the edge of my seat. Thanks. Don

I can relate to feelings toward the 650 single...The wife has an 05 GS and although she does not ride it very much..only has 12000 miles total, she absolutley loves the bike!..... It is the factory lowered model with ABS and it has proved to be totally reliable in all these past years...Just routine maintenance is all it has ever required.I do the work on it ,but it always takes extra effort to get in the mood...for this particular machine. My Triumph Bonneville or Kawasaki Versys take only a few minutes for oil changes etc. and I keep a stock of spare filters even... but for the BMW oil change.....Ughh...body panels plastic pieces.. turn signal..just weird stuff that makes me stand back and ask questions...I love my wife..bless her, but she just does not understand when I try to tell her it's time for a new bike!....Oh and I only buy 1 BMW oil filter when needed!....