• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally in the Poconos 2012 - Added Bonus

kenosiecki

For those of you heading to the Black Diamond Beemers' Rally in the Poconos, or those of you contemplating the same - heads up. We have a special bonus at this year's event.

Please read below:

2012 RALLY IN THE POCONOS BONUS

One time only event! :dance

FREE FOR YOU!!

Meeting of the Minds V Music Festival
@
The Hill Camp of Indian Head Camp

September 21 ÔÇô 23, 2012

Featuring 21 Bands that include these music genres:
Folk * Americana * Jam * Blues * Funk * Reggae * Blue Grass * Rock * World * Jazz

Food & Craft Venders will be Onsite to service the ÔÇ£FestivilliansÔÇØ

FREE ADMITTANCE FOR ALL RITP GUESTS

Upon arrival ÔÇô enter the RITP at the usual gate ÔÇô watch for the Roundel

ÔÇó Indian Head Camp added a late booking for the weekend of the Rally in the Poconos, the Meeting of the Minds V Music Festival.

ÔÇó The Festival will be located in the Hill Camp section of the property. That is the section ÔÇ£up on the hillÔÇØ above the Movie Theatre and Bon Fire and to the right of there (south west).

ÔÇó The Festival, a self contained operation, will NOT be sharing the area that the RITP occupies or our facilities, amenities or activities. We did make some small changes, which will be posted at Registration, as a result of the added activities.

ÔÇó Your RITP wrist band will be your admittance ticket to the music festival.

ÔÇó Spread the word ÔÇô this yearÔÇÖs Rally in the Poconos will be unique and a blast: a variety of music, vendors not seen at other rallies and GREAT people watching!

Hope to see you all there!!

KennyO

Rally in the Poconos 2012

Another great rally, great location and facilities.

For those who have not been, mark it on you calendar for next year.

To the Black Diamond Beemers, a job well done as usual.

Thank you, your hard work is appreciated.

Darryl and Terry (Cabin #2)

Thanks for the hard work, Kenny and all! The MARs group had a fantastic time and already making a plan to bring tiki torches next year!

p.s. No broken ribs!

Just do it without the music. Pounding bass until 4 AM, then recorded music at 6 AM Sunday morning is not conducive to a pleasant rally experience.

I think there have been mixed opinions about the music festival (and there will always be mixed opinions about everything!). If you were in a cabin up on the hill near the entrance to the festival (where I was), you definitely were affected by the music. BUT...those in cabins near the bottom of the hill near the lodge apparently slept like babies!! So next year, if the music festival comes back during the rally, you should probably request one of those cabins. Just a suggestion and hope to see you come back!!

Music - no thanks!

I think there have been mixed opinions about the music festival (and there will always be mixed opinions about everything!). If you were in a cabin up on the hill near the entrance to the festival (where I was), you definitely were affected by the music. BUT...those in cabins near the bottom of the hill near the lodge apparently slept like babies!! So next year, if the music festival comes back during the rally, you should probably request one of those cabins. Just a suggestion and hope to see you come back!!

I'll be unambiguous here - the music festival was NOT a 'benefit' in any way for the rally. I will definitely not go back if the music was there again. I'm a light sleeper and I did not sleep at all Friday and Saturday night (even in cabin 4, certainly one of the 'quieter' ones).

Other than that, the rally was excellent and the roads were really good. The BDB folks made me feel very welcome from the moment we pulled up to the registration area. Actually even before that, with the guys flagging us in at the entrance. Nicely done.

Rod

Very nice rally

Great job by the BDB staff.
I would have slept through the bands' music if it weren't for the loud snorers in my cabin. ;)
Will definitely attend again.

Nick

Enjoyed the Music

We were pleasantly surprised by the addition of the Jibber Jazz Festival. We will be attending again next year and bringing more friends with hopes that the music is back!;)

Back