• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1986 r80 petcocks

I'm seeing the strainer sleeves (MAX's and Hucky's), but no "reserve" tubes. Did you find the tubes at MAX's?

Petcock re-build kits are available from Bing, but they don't show the tubes as part of the rebuild kit.

A quick call to Rusty would answer the question.

petcocks

thanks to every one I have checked several sights and see I will have almost as much money in tube and screens as I in new petcocks,so I have ordered new ones.thanks to every one for putting me on the right track.

I put the new ones on my 96 R80 rebuild, and I think you'll be happy with your decision. Given the age of your (our) bike, you might consider an in-line fuel filter down-line to further remove those pesky pieces of red tank lining...

Mac

Mac from P -

There is an edit button on the lower right of the screen...it's very helpful to fix the usual fumble fingers...I'm glad they have that feature. :thumb

I think if you use in line filters, the screens are less important. Also, The Karcoma petcocks are completely re-buildable, unless they are damaged.

Back