• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

K75 Muffler Heat Shield

V

vfost

I was wondering if anyone on here knew where I could get a replacement heat shield for the muffler on my 88 K75s. I have considered just repainting it with high temp paint, however the metal is so pitted i doubt it would look very good. I checked bike bandit and they wanted over $100!! Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!

You can try any of the BMW recyclers

Beemerboneyard.com

Re-psycle.com

A&M Motorcycle Traders Mike or Alex 818 899-1113 (tell them Lee from Pleasanton sent you) These are Calif. bikes so shouldn't have any rust problems.

:dance:dance:dance

Powder coat it, check e-bay I've seen several there. I would like the chrome one but the only one I've seen included the entire exhaust system, over $300.

Try sandblasting it and spraying and baking it with VHT; you might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome. $10-$15 investment, tops.

On mine, I sanded it to knock of the crud, feathered the edges of the chipped paint, then sprayed it with $1.99 flat black spray paint. Not even high temp paint. Then sprayed it with a few coats of 'satin' clear. Again, just cheapo paint. Looks good, goes well on a 27 year old bike, doesn't look like I painted lips on a pig! And it has lasted for 3 years now. But definately not show or restoration quality.

Back