• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New 800 & 700 GS Farkle Issue

dadayama

Hey all...

This has been coming up some on the F800Riders forum. Folks are running into issues with farkle form their old 800s not fitting the new ones. Seems the frames are the same but the rest is not. Sounds like many of the after market folks are just figuring it out. So before ordering you may want to check compatibility.

Give them 6 months and they'll get caught up.

Some (but not all) engine protection bars are not supposed to work although skid plates seem fine. Some after-market windshields and surprisingly things like Barkbusters don't fit. (By extension, the Kaoko throttle control to fit Barkbusters probably also won't fit.) Luggage racks are another unknown.

I've got an 2013 F800GS on order with lowered suspension and want all kinds of farkles, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait until the dust settles.

Accessory makers seem to have been caught off-guard on this.

EDIT: An email just received from Adventure-Spec says that they can NOT confirm yet whether their engine protection bars will fit or not.

Last edited:
In "showroom" condition, none of the old windscreens will fit the F700GS,
but I am told that if you take of the top layer of plastic and buy a pair of the right-angle (rear most) brackets from an F650GS/F800GS that the windscreens will fit. I've not tried this, but looking at one on the showroom floor it did seem like that would work.

Last edited:
In "showroom" condition, none of the old windscreens will fit the F700GS,
but I am told that if you take of the top layer of plastic and buy a pair of the right-angle (rear most) brackets from an F650GS/F800GS that the windscreens will fit. I've not tried this, but looking at one on the showroom floor it did seem like that would work.

Wow. I hope this isn't the case, because we just loaded up on factory accessories for our new 700s. Will find out for sure when delivered.

Wow. I hope this isn't the case, because we just loaded up on factory accessories for our new 700s. Will find out for sure when delivered.

BMW claims redesigned windshields for the F700 and F800GS so it's rather likely that windshields for earlier versions might not fit. Some other accessories are also rumored not to fit, like some skid plates and engine protection bars. Also Barkbusters don't fit anymore (which by extension probably means the Kaoko throttle control for Barkbusters also won't fit).

Best advice is probably to wait a bit until the dust settles. The changes seem to have caught many by surprise.

(I've got a 2013 F800GS with factory-lowered suspension on order.)

Cheers!

Actually it's going to depend on the screen - if the farkle-screen did not "pick-up" the rear-most mounting point on each side (where the "L" bracket is on the F650GS, it probably will work .... but if the farkle-screen does use those mounting points, some modifications will be needed ...

Back