• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's BMW Scooter Time!

Well... We have airheads, oilheads, hexheads, camheads, and soon to be wetheads. How about Scooterheads? Or you could call it Shiftless Society :dunno

(no offense intended to anyone... My second bike is a scooter for local stuff)

Scooter

++1 on Scooter.

I get a lot of smiles, waves and friendly comments when I scoot around town on my Vespa.

There was a time when I wouldn't have been caught dead on a scooter, especially a twist and go, but I've got to tell you it's a hoot!! I can go to the donut shop, put a dozen in the compartment under the seat and make it home with hot donuts before my wife finishes getting the coffee ready.

That's my intention when I get one. Wonder if it will feel unusual to wear a full-face on one? Even the BMW ads show weird half-helmets. This time of year I'll definitely want something warmer like a full-face though.

I just two weeks ago got to see first hand what a get off at 45 MPH does to you,skin rolled up to your elbows,ankle to hip torn ripped skin and the t-shirt and jeans easily yealded to the road.Chunks of hair torn out at contact points,LOTS OF PAIN! Sooo
You should still wear ATGATT EVEN ON A SCOOTER! nuff said!These scooters somehow give a sence of "oh they don't go fast enough ect..you add more" but get on and twist the throttle makes it easier to happen so please be carefull on these mostly underpowered motorcycles(er scooters).They deserve all the same protections of a "real" (ok kick me) motorcycle.:laugh oooopps not funny.

OK, Dad.
Geebus when did you get all benevolent? :stick
Tell you what I'll split the diff, when I ride the C I will go ATGATT.

You're still OK though.

Wonder if it will feel unusual to wear a full-face on one? .

Not really. I always wore a full face helmet when I had my 250cc Honda Elite scooter.
I'm glad I had it on when I was riding my wife's Yamaha 200 Scooter when a car hit me and I landed face first.

OK OK.
Helmet.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t66ghrhGEdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got mine

Just rode in from the dealer on my C650 GT. I believe it is the first one to be delivered in Canada. Rode about 55 km home now headed out for dinner on it. Had the heated seat and heated grips on as it is about 50 degrees out (8 celsius)
Got the platinum bronze

Fun wow

I've been anticipating this as well, so far nothing.
Bikes should start to be arriving at the dealers later this month, I've told my closest dealer I am definitely interested.
As far as a forum, they seem to be dragging their feet on it. But then again I don't know how much interest there is right now, especially since they are still not out, except for the one guy in Canada who has posted here (43362 Jeff).
Not feeling too bad as the more highly anticipated water-cooled twin doesn't have a forum yet, either.
Gilly

Both new areas are on the list...they will be up by the time most are available.

Trust that folks are working on this. Most of the moderators have little to do with actual website build. feetdraggers on bikes...maybe, here...kinda harsh:dunno

There are currently threads like this one to chat up the new offerings.

Scootin

In Canada about 20 arrived at the warehouse and all had been sold before they got there. Most of them in the Toronto area. How many are Scootin around other than mine I do not know. Every person says to me that's a scooter, why it is the size of a motorcycle. What can I say.

Attachments

• IMG-20121016-00006.jpg
    IMG-20121016-00006.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 219
Back