• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It's BMW Scooter Time!

This is not your F650 thumper with all due respect.
This is a 647cc inline twin offset to 70 degrees. (Thanks Gilly!)
That coupled with the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) . . . there are no shift points.
It's quick and the takeup off the line is linear with throttle input as you would expect from a centrifugal driven CVT.
With the engine and drivetrain so low the greatest percentage of mass is at or below your feet. Translates to great handling.

Last edited:
I'm sure just "adding a forum" is not as easy as it sounds. Mods have already commented on this. I'm sure in due time we will have a forum.

If we get our own forum there have been comments made whether they are negative or not needed how can this stop. Some members put the scooter down but yet have never ridden one or have any intention on owning one. The forum should be for all members for the benefit of the scooter owners or future owners. The forum should be used for technical help maybe with pictures (not of the scooter itself as we know what it looks like) but of the technical end of things or a modification you have made. Any other suggestions or comments on the topic.

Like it or not, many of us long time BMW riders are getting to the age where we should be considering something with a lower seat and lower center of gravity that is easier to mount and ride. Riding a scooter is far better than getting injured, killed or quit riding. I think BMW has entered the Maxi-Scooter market to keep us old codgers in the fold and attract new owners. I think it's easier to admit to friends and relatives that you have a scooter if you can add that it is a BMW.

I always thought scooters were a less than serious ride and a joke until I tried to keep up with my friend who was riding a Suzuki Burman 650 on a crooked road. I was impressed and bought a used Burgman. If I like it, I might upgrade to a new or newer one.

I think a sub-forum would be a good thing to do and would draw a lot of interest.

I'm sure just "adding a forum" is not as easy as it sounds. Mods have already commented on this. I'm sure in due time we will have a forum.
There are a number of issues going on with the forum at the moment. We're working very hard to get it back to running smoothly. Thanks to all for their patience.
From my own experience, I think the scooters would be a lot of fun. Smaller, lighter and extremely maneuverable :thumb OM

It's not really a very low seat. I commented before as have one or two who are already owners that you really can't flat-foot on one of these. Probably taller riders can, but they can also flat-foot on most anything.

On getting on it easily, it will take practice. Since I have owned K bikes for quite a long time, I am used to getting on a bike on the centerstand, much like getting on a horse, left foot on left peg, standing up and swinging my right leg over.
On this, the few times i have gotten on it takes a bit of thought as I am doing it, to start with the right leg, using muscles i don't normally use.
"Step through" is a bit deceiving! More like "Fall Over"!

There are a number of issues going on with the forum at the moment. We're working very hard to get it back to running smoothly. Thanks to all for their patience.
From my own experience, I think the scooters would be a lot of fun. Smaller, lighter and extremely maneuverable :thumb OM

Thanks OM.

The scooters are not all that smaller or lighter as my c650 gt is heavier at almost 600 lbs than my old k75T and the seat height is maybe an inch lower. The length is within a few inches of of the length of my BMW Isetta at 7'6". The big advantage is the low center of gravity.

Not yet, just keep an eye on the tech forums for it to be added.

Welcome to the club!

Got any pics you want to share? I'll be getting mine in the spring.

Gilly

Cool, I like that color. I like any of them really, I told the dealer that none of the colors would be a problem. Seems like bronze or red will be the two choices I will have though, probably take the red one.
Be sure to get some pics up when you get it!
Gilly

dealer asked me to let him display it for a week (threw in a few goodies) . . . pic it up next sat! will post back then!

What goodies did he throw in? It is nice to have a clean ride. I noticed you have a Burgman, what size and I would like to hear the comparisan.

Back