• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

No More Complaints

txedomoon

I am swearing to never grumble about a posting/grammar/etc on a public forum ever again... and am THANKFUL to be part of the MOA community. Why? I own a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse (wife picked this one out) and recently had a rear window wiper blade go bad. On the down side: the owners manual and directions are WRONG. And the Anco replacement blades are longer than stock - though workable. On the plus side: I found there is a Chevy Traverse Owners Forum which gave me nice tips on replacing the blade. HOWEVER. Looking around the forum I found out, yes indeed, there is such a thing as a "dumb question" (example - Q: "why doesn't my I-Pod dock with the radio?" A: Because your radio does not have docking (with ANYTHING)) And if you are sensitive to spelling/grammatical issues... you'll likely break out in hives reading some of the posts.

And these people drive next to us. :bolt

Let's not even bring up all the anal boys and their methods of checking oil level or what oil to use.

Do they have a thread about using motorcycle tires on their Traverse?

:dance:dance:dance

It is a forum about GM products......what do you expect?

FordEmblem.jpg

Bring er down to KY & I'll change it out for a reasonable amount, no hassle promised. Really, do you need a manual to change a wiper blade? Maybe if not OEM to see how the adapters work, but?

Don't feel bad. The aircraft mechanics we had in the Navy weren't sharp spellers either. In fact, I saved some of their better write ups, the ones with the funniest spelling errors of smartest comments. You know, things like "Badery ded".

I also ran a maintenance program for a tank truck company after leaving the Navy. The drivers weren't, um, intellects by any stretch and some of their write ups have been saved for posterity too. Things like "steering wabbles". Really? Oh that rascally wabbit! The ones I really liked were write ups from my immigrant mechanics. They required some head scratching. What is a "pomp vang"? Oh, how about pump vane. Ah yes. You have to laugh or else you will cry.

I have it on good authority (I just made it up) that this board's sophisticated software automatically corrects grammar and spelling errors and softens harsh words, opinions and criticisms. This leads to a happier experience for all.

Don't feel bad. The aircraft mechanics we had in the Navy weren't sharp spellers either. In fact, I saved some of their better write ups, the ones with the funniest spelling errors of smartest comments. You know, things like "Badery ded".

I also ran a maintenance program for a tank truck company after leaving the Navy. The drivers weren't, um, intellects by any stretch and some of their write ups have been saved for posterity too. Things like "steering wabbles". Really? Oh that rascally wabbit! The ones I really liked were write ups from my immigrant mechanics. They required some head scratching. What is a "pomp vang"? Oh, how about pump vane. Ah yes. You have to laugh or else you will cry.

Here's one for ya, yes it really happened and this from a "four year prominant school".... The write up in aircraft maintenance log went like this....."transponder will not transmit in Mode "OFF""... Go figure that one out:brad

My son was an Avionics Tech on the Stennis...he shared some of the Gripe Sheets from the aviators...really great stuff like mentioned:laugh

I have it on good authority (I just made it up) that this board's sophisticated software automatically corrects grammar and spelling errors and softens harsh words, opinions and criticisms. This leads to a happier experience for all.

When did the EU Equality Policy Board take over?:whistle

I worked on A-7 aircraft in the navy many years ago. I had a pilot send in a "gripe" that stated the A/C did not work in the OFF position..........

Bring er down to KY & I'll change it out for a reasonable amount, no hassle promised. Really, do you need a manual to change a wiper blade? Maybe if not OEM to see how the adapters work, but?

My wife has a Toyota Rav4, the rear blade replacement is like a Chinese knot. :mad

Wiper Blades

I am swearing to never grumble about a posting/grammar/etc on a public forum ever again... and am THANKFUL to be part of the MOA community. Why? I own a 2011 Chevrolet Traverse (wife picked this one out) and recently had a rear window wiper blade go bad. On the down side: the owners manual and directions are WRONG. And the Anco replacement blades are longer than stock - though workable. On the plus side: I found there is a Chevy Traverse Owners Forum which gave me nice tips on replacing the blade. HOWEVER. Looking around the forum I found out, yes indeed, there is such a thing as a "dumb question" (example - Q: "why doesn't my I-Pod dock with the radio?" A: Because your radio does not have docking (with ANYTHING)) And if you are sensitive to spelling/grammatical issues... you'll likely break out in hives reading some of the posts.

And these people drive next to us. :bolt

I think you will find GM uses Trico wiper blades

Well, it is "the campfire"

After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripesheet," which tells mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct & inspect the problems, document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the next flight. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny. (I love this one!)
S: Aircraft warned to: straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last..................

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget

Internet forum postings are a never ending source of amazement and amusement.
Completely indicative of what I call The Human Drama.
You need not be online to view or experience it.
There's an interactive display all day every day, wherever you may find yourself....
Perhaps even in your own home (esp. if there's a teenager present)!

Best of all?
It's FREE - no log-in required so it is also EASY

Back