• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmet Hook Improvement

GKman

The under-seat hook provided to secure helmets to my 2002 R1150RT just wouldn't work with my helmet. The chinstrap wasn't long enough to get the helmet out of the way for the passenger seat to go back on. Don't know if any other combination of model/helmet would benefit, but here it is. Made from 0.025" stainless that was fairly stiff. (I think a misbehaving toaster donated the material) The hole was for some kind of lanyard but the seat holds it in place without.

Attachments

• Helmetlock5.jpg
    Helmetlock5.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 701
Fwiw

I believe the intent of the hook is to provide a place for a cable to be attached then run through the helmet then loop back to the hook.

I know, it would have been helpful for BMW to provide the appropriate length/diameter cable.

Scot

I didn't realize those were for securing a helmet - DOH!

I've always used them as mounting points for my luggage straps.

I believe the intent of the hook is to provide a place for a cable to be attached then run through the helmet then loop back to the hook.

I know, it would have been helpful for BMW to provide the appropriate length/diameter cable.

Scot

At least on my K1200LT the previous owner was kind enough to provide that cable in the tool kit. The hook is way up under the seat and only the cable would work.

Back