• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Helmet dryer

GKman

Not fancy or pretty but works good. Some kind of little fan mounted under a hole in my helmet shelf. Bought a used Shoei that was saturated with some kind of smell-well that I fanned for months. With a new bucket, I just leave it overnight after a hot ride and seems to keep the crud at bay.

Attachments

• P9040131.JPG
    P9040131.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,460
I need this like right now! I rode my bike home from work this afternoon and had to rush to get ready to go to the dentist. I hated putting my sweaty stinky helmet back on. Yuch. I just washed the liner last weekend too. Dang Texas heat.

It's pretty low tech, but you can get the same effect by stuffing a couple sheets of newspaper in your helmet when you get done riding. No power needed.

(Special note to riders in their 20's: a newspaper is sorta like the internet, except it's printed on large sheets of paper and gets delivered to your home ;) ).

If you have a Peet shoe dryer, for $15 bucks or so they have a nice helmet adapter & glove adapter that work just fine. I highly endorse drying off footgear, gloves and headgear between rides. Nice for every day garb as well.

Back