• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Physical store Shoei Western NY ?

BMW Triumphant

Ed Kilner #176066
Traveling Toronto to Watkins Glen next week, via Buffalo, along hwy 20 ...

Is there a place to buy a helmet along the route or nearby? Web search did not yield much so far.

Possible to find Shoei helmets at most motorcycle shops in my area. If not available at the BMW dealer, Harley dealer stores sometimes have Shoei as well as the other local motorcycle stores.

There is a Yamaha dealer just north of Watkins Glen and a Honda dealer South a few miles both on rt 14 which is the main road. I was at both last Saturday but was not looking at helmets.

If you know what you want, consider ordering it online at best price and availability and having it delivered to a place at your destination, arranged before hand.

I'm not being a wise guy or something, genuinely want to know. What is the advantage of purchasing a Shoei helmet in the States vs Canada?

Is Customs going to be counting how many helmets you have when you leave vs your return? Will they give you grief for having one too many? Would shipping one of the extra helmets home avoid some of the grief?

Is Customs going to be counting how many helmets you have when you leave vs your return? Will they give you grief for having one too many? Would shipping one of the extra helmets home avoid some of the grief?

Good questions. We have a limit of $800 worth of imports for the time I will be in the US. Shipping could get to be a customs problem, and broker too.

The ladies will be taking the car, with camera gear and luggage, so the old helmet will go with them.

From Toronto to Watkins Glen you could pass by this store near Rochester NY:
http://countryrode.com/main/index.php

Call ahead to see if they have the helmet you want. It's a small BMW Dealer and IIRC they have a small selection including Nolan, Schuberth and Shoei.

BTW I am very happy with my Neotec in Anthracite. Matched the salt and pepper of my hair color...

Back