• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boxer mirrors on a brick

argent brick

Hello everyone,

I would like to put the longer mirrors from a 1970s or early '80s" boxer on my K75. Can this be done as a straight swap or do I have to do something else?

I put Yamaha mirrors on my K75c. Had to build new stems to adapt to the K mounting. Took a little machining but it worked out well. I had always ridden Yamahas and I liked their mirrors. The rectangle shape just seemed better than BMW Mickey Mouse ears. I am sure it can be done. If a big block Chevy can be put into a cycle, surely mirrors can be changed.

k75 mirror options

I have a k75s and a 2004 R1100s and like the wide mirrors of the R1100s. So i found that the R1200ST has the same size mirror and the same threads so they attach with no modification. Will post pics later.

Aargent Brick,

This is a case where without at least the model of your K75, it's tough to answer. If it's a plain K75 - no reason I can think of that different mirrors wouldn't work, provided the stems go into the holes in the controls.. if it's a K75RT - that's a different story, since the mirrors are mounted to the fairing.

Please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46057 - that info in your thread title would be quite useful.. I can't add it to the title since I don't see it in your posting (aside from "K75"..)

On my old bike, 87 K75S, the dealer recommended a mirror which extended the mirrors out a good amount. I want to say they were for an airhead bike of similar year, but can't remember which exact model it was. Since the S used bar-mounted mirrors the went right on no problem. I should have a pic of the bike somewhere which would show the mirrors pretty well.
Also the mirror head was identical shape, so was hard to tell the difference when looking at the bike.
I think your later K75 had the rounder/more bulbous-looking mirror head though, the 87 had a flater looking mirror head.
The mirrors really helped, especially with an 87 S which had narrower bars than the later S's

Back