• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Update on Color in the Catskills?

Last weekend in September.

I just made a reservation today. Anyone else going?

I'm trying to figure out if well-behaved dogs are okay for a camp over. Not getting replies to voice and emails at the Hunter Mtn Website.

Pete and Barley

I'm planning on staying at Riedlbauers in Round Top (about 20 minutes from Hunter..) http://www.riedlbauersresort.com/ - for $84/night/person, you get 3 huge German meals and a clean room with a comfortable bed. All the rates of places in Hunter seemed a tad high to me.

Was at Riedlbauers a week or so ago for two nights and had a great time. The owner Henry wanted me to bring more BMW riders back (he owned an R50 in Germany in the 60's..) so.. I'm also going to see how many of our local club members want to go.

Good part about being 20 minutes away - you get 20 minutes of great riding whenever you wander over to Hunter, and 20 minutes when you go back to the resort for a meal. The roads in the area are simply fabulous. Highly recommended is County Route 67 out of East Durham heading east. Fresh pavement, banked corners - it follows a winding valley for about 20 miles of the best riding north of West Virginia.

I'm trying to figure out if well-behaved dogs are okay for a camp over. Not getting replies to voice and emails at the Hunter Mtn Website.

Pete and Barley

Well behaved dogs are okay there. Some of the [people might need to be leashed at times. :whistle

Friedle

Cic 5

MAX BMW will once again be hosting their FREE off road riding schools as part of the event. For those who are qualified they will indeed be leading riders up and down the ski trails of Hunter.

You must provide your own off road bike (doesn't have to be a BMW motorcycle) but knobbies are HIGHLY recommended.

Sign up at the MAX facility on site. There is no on line sign up. First come first served!

Friedle

Cic 5

What happened to "COLOR IN THE CATSKILS"? IT was held at Hunter Mountain in october.

This year the entire calendar is kind of shifted one week back. Colors in the Catskills has always been the weekend before Columbus Day wekend so this year the CIC 5 will be held the weekend of 28-30, 2012

See you there.

Friedle

MAX BMW will once again be hosting their FREE off road riding schools as part of the event. For those who are qualified they will indeed be leading riders up and down the ski trails of Hunter.

You must provide your own off road bike (doesn't have to be a BMW motorcycle) but knobbies are HIGHLY recommended.

Sign up at the MAX facility on site. There is no on line sign up. First come first served!

Friedle

Cool! I'm signing up but don't have knobbies on. Maybe I can switch them out before then.

Cool! I'm signing up but don't have knobbies on. Maybe I can switch them out before then.

Knobbies good.

My bike after coming down from the mountain last year...

i-GDjCMm9-L.jpg

Friday only for me....

I'll be around on Friday morning to meet and greet.

Have to head up to Bennington, Vt later in that same day, and through the weekend to teach a course.

At least I get to ride some twisties.

Hope I see you all round the Twisted Throttle Tent, or, by the MOA booth
with Fredlie, and Muriel.

See you there!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3833.jpg
    IMG_3833.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 161
Dang! I had to cancel. Had a little mishap last weekend at BDB and don't think I'll be riding for another week or so as my ribs heal. :banghead

Greetings,

Once again Max is gearing up to make CIC memorable for all riders!

On Saturday Max will be hosting dual sport rides on the mountain for all levels of skill and confidence.

This morning I started prepping my bike for fun off piste.

i-zmqk6S6-L.jpg

I dropped of my wheels with a local shop for the swap.

Max will also have a fleet of demo bikes. These will a mix of various models (KGT, R12RT for example) for demo rides, these rides will be around 45 minutes long with a ride leaving every hour.

Come by the Max tent Friday evening or first thing Saturday morning to confirm the schedule of events.

Colors in the Catskills 5

In addition to the wonderful off road learning opportunities MAX BMW is offering for FREE for the fifth year in a row, and the opportunity to demo ride a nice selection of current on road motorcycles from MAX BMW, theere is another off road adventure opportunity available at CIC 5.

On Friday evening around 6 and Saturday afternoon around 3 pm, local legend Nick the Barber willl be leading a group on a unique path in, out, under, over and through the woods around Hunter Mountain.

As those who have joined Nick in the past will attest, this ride is not for the faint of heart, those short on experience, knobbiless, striding large ponderous bikes, or lacking the desire to experience true trail riding in the Northeast. This is not a Tourist Sightseeing Ride.

Great fun if you have the skill and cojones (gender neutral, all genders and persuasions are welcome) to test yourself in the real world.

The fun will begin on Main Street, Hunter, NY in front of , what else, Nick's barber shop, just west of the bridge over the creek to the main entrance of the ski area.

Show up with a full tank of gas. There are no service facilities on the route!

Friedle

Colors in the Catskills 5

In response to a question I received:

Just in case anybody is trying to do an Iron Butt ride to the CIC 5, there is a Cumberland Farms gas station/convenience store on Route 23A in the town of Hunter less than .5 miles from the entrance to the ski area that is open 24/7 and has gas pumps that deliver a dated and time stamped receipt.

Friedle

Back