Thread: help please

Redfurygal

help please

I am a new member. I introduced myself a month or so ago. Now, this weekend, I will be driving nearly 700 miles to buy my FIRST BMW bike.
    I attended an open house in Sturgis Mississippi in April, where I fell in love with these terrific bikes.
    I met a woman there named Sue who invited me to a camp out event September 21, 22 and 23rd. I am not seeing the event listed here.
    Can anyone give me any info on this event to be held on the river?
    Thanks in advance,
    Harmony

come Monday
    1997 R 1100RT

Harmony -

Here's a couple of places to check for upcoming BMW and/or vintage events:

http://vintagebmw.org/v7/events

http://bmwvmca.org/joomla/index.php?...=319&Itemid=44

I wonder if it might not be the VMCA Midwest Meet on the Ohio River?
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The calendar is filled with upcoming events. Do you know what region this camp out is in? I suggest moving this post to a regional forum for a better response. PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Tracy -

A regional forum might be better, but we really don't know where the person was thinking about. I'm not that familiar with the events that the MOA posts...the other two links are something that I maintain for a couple of other forums. They're more vintage-oriented, though. I offered these other listings because Vech's April rally was mentioned...this tends to more vintage in attendance.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Given your location i'd guess the Shawnee forest area ralley in southern il.I think that campground is on the river?Ed
    Ed Baker

Could be:

Pennsylvania
    September 21 - 23, 2012
    8th Rally In The Poconos
    Black Diamond Beemers #310
    Ride, Party, Enjoy! at Indian Head Camp in the heart of the Poconos and Endless Mountain regions of northeast PA - room for over 500 in cabins. Check our web site for info on private rooms. Club / group cabin reservations require advance registration. Rally fee includes 5 GREAT meals - Friday night pizza and wings, Saturday hot breakfast, BBQ lunch and hot dinner and hot breakfast Sunday - and bunk space in a group cabin (optional tent camping) - all included for $75.00 with pre-registration postmarked by 9/8, on site registration is $85.00. Visit www.blackdiamondbeemers.com for registration forms and more information. Check out the facilities: http://www.indianhead.com. Location - 41?? 47.127' North, 75?? 10.752' West - 17 miles north of Honesdale on PA 191. 3 hours North of Philadelphia and 2.5 hours NorthWest of NYC. Email blackdiamondbeemers@yahoo.com with questions.
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)