• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Scooter

And for what reason are they not motorcycles?

600cc 0-60 in what 5.0 seconds, 100+ top end,luggage capacity,...sounds motorcycle[ly] too me.

And by your analogy since BMW bought the Mini name, their not Minis's ...then I guess since Audi bought Ducati. a Ducati is not a Ducati ? Is Ferrari just an overblown Fiat??

And, keep in mind the BMWMOA isn't the BMWMOA...just the MOA!

I'm surprised you have not gotten the email on this yet. Ducati is not longer Ducati, rather Ducaudi. Pronunciation is pretty much the same though. :thumb

@ Mika,
I have not called a late model Husky by other than "BMW". The "two" companies did a fine job of mixing/muddying their technologies, and majority shareholder is majority share holder. I find it strange when someone will say a specific product "IS brand X" and another "IS NOT brand X", like the whole HD/Vrod thing.....:)

The he*# you say.

We are the mods.
We are the mods.
We are
WE are
We are the mods!

It's just the rumbling by the seaside bit that's pass?®. :lol

I have not called a late model Husky by other than "BMW". The "two" companies did a fine job of mixing/muddying their technologies, and majority shareholder is majority share holder. I find it strange when someone will say a specific product "IS brand X" and another "IS NOT brand X", like the whole HD/Vrod thing.....:)

I spoke to the fellow at the Husqvarna tent at BMW Motorrad days last week. They had four bikes there; two were pre-merger models and two new releases that use BMW engineering such as the co-axial front sprocket and swingarm pivot like on the G450X. He was very enthusiastic about BMW's investment and commitment to the brand. It will be interesting to see if they can expand their offerings like they are on the BMW side.

Scooters and not motorcycles and have no place in this forum or in the BMWMOA period. Just as Mini's are not BMW's and have no place in the BMWCCA, etc.

I'm sure the scooters will get prime coverage in BMW ON, though.

Mini not a BMW? Really? Someone needs to get connected with reality.

Totally agree with the idea that C650/600 scoots are BMWs and can reasonably be included in the forum.

I have wondered for some time why Husqvarna is has not been received in a friendlier way around here. Husqvarna is a wholly owned portion of BMW Motorrad. It has been fully integrated into its financial reporting and production account totals. As part of the integration the G450 was migrated to the Red line. The Blue and Red lines of BMW Motorrad share more and more components and development; the Nuda 900 is a development of the F series twin for example.

It can be legitimately argued in either direction; however, as the lines become integrated it seems a bit odd to ignore a potential membership base and more bikes to talk about.

As always YMMV (Red Line or Blue Line purist)

These people had traumatic potty training. Now they fiercly clench their rectums over the most minor challenge to perceived orthodoxy.

And for what reason are they not motorcycles?

600cc 0-60 in what 5.0 seconds, 100+ top end,luggage capacity,...sounds motorcycle[ly] too me.

And by your analogy since BMW bought the Mini name, their not Minis's ...then I guess since Audi bought Ducati. a Ducati is not a Ducati ? Is Ferrari just an overblown Fiat??

And, keep in mind the BMWMOA isn't the BMWMOA...just the MOA!

Some of these airhead purists are in for a very rude surprise when their "real motorcycle" gets its doors blown off by a scooter. Wonder if mommy is still alive so they can run home and cry in her apron? Unclench you fools. Life is good.

Mini not a BMW? Really? Someone needs to get connected with reality.

i agree the new X1 shares the same platform as their Mountainman or whatever it's called... I think mini was just a great excuse for BMW to venture into Front Wheel Drive without pissing off their customer base.

i agree the new X1 shares the same platform as their Mountainman or whatever it's called... I think mini was just a great excuse for BMW to venture into Front Wheel Drive without pissing off their customer base.

Personally I like the news Mini's I don't care who owns them. If i needed or wanted a car? it would be a contender. But I'm single , only need one vehicle, & not ready to give up my truck. And another four-wheeled vehicle sitting all / most , of the summer would be dumb. Hell I've only put 18000 & change on my truck since 2002 when I bought it. That's what 16-1700 p/year.

Some of these airhead purists are in for a very rude surprise when their "real motorcycle" gets its doors blown off by a scooter. Wonder if mommy is still alive so they can run home and cry in her apron? Unclench you fools. Life is good.

A friend of mine has a 650 Burgman, bought it while he was recovering from knee surgery . He says it's faster / quicker than his H/D , and not much slower than his Wing?

A friend of mine has a 650 Burgman, bought it while he was recovering from knee surgery . He says it's faster / quicker than his H/D , and not much slower than his Wing?

My friend also has a 650 Burgman and he loves it. He has a R1200RT but he said he would sell everything he has and buy a Maxi-scooter if they had self canceling turn signals and cruise. His Burgman is faster than both of my "real" motorcycles.

Not only is the Mini a BMW, but the BMW Chairman who brought the Mini back to life is a relative of Sir Issac Issigonis.

Unclench you fools ! :hug

I haven't read everything on the C600/650's, but I'd be surprised to learn that they don't have self-cancelling signals, are you sure on that?

Cruise would be sorely missed for sure, maybe possible to do an aftermarket cruise? Or maybe it's already drilled for a friction screw, that worked OK on my K75.

Price of scooter in the usa

:):)The price of the scooter(s) have been released and they are taking orders in Florida at www.hapscycle.com/homead1.htm $9990 for the gt and $9590 for the sport plus $495 shipping. I wish I lived in the states. Only $100 more than the suzuki Bergman executive

Last edited:
I had planned to continue to ride my airhead until the new C650GT got sorted out and then decide if it was for me.
Did not want to buy the first year production and all that rot.

Unfortunately my left arm and hand have caused me so much difficulty I can no longer manipulate a clutch lever without significant pain. Doctors tell me it is nerve damage and to continue to ride and use a clutch will aggravate the problem.

So I wrangled a long test ride on a used Burgman.
To say i was impressed would be an understatement.

I bought a 2012 model and in the short time I have owned it I can say I am pleased with my decision.
After the BMW MAXI's get sorted , I will take a look and see if a trade back to the brand is in order.
If there is not a whole lot more value for money, I'll just ride the Burgman.

Ergo my preference for an F-800ST.

I had an F800ST for four years. It is a great middleweight bike, plenty of power and good handling.

Based on an hour and a half ride, the C650GT is far more comfortable, as in it is possibly more comfortable than my current R1200RT. Plush seat, balanced, upright seating position and compliant suspension.

If I had to choose between the two based on comfort it would be the C650, for a sportier riding style, the 800ST.

I had an F800ST for four years. It is a great middleweight bike, plenty of power and good handling.

Based on an hour and a half ride, the C650GT is far more comfortable, as in it is possibly more comfortable than my current R1200RT. Plush seat, balanced, upright seating position and compliant suspension.

If I had to choose between the two based on comfort it would be the C650, for a sportier riding style, the 800ST.

Feet in front of me is hideously uncomfortable. Yes I have sat on the scooters. No, I would never own one, they are not set up right. Then BMW wants to charge more and stick you with a CVT. Bzzzzt, not even close. Kludge.

You've hit on what I like least about scooters- the CVT. Heck, I hate cars with CVTs of which there are far too many. Basically its the sloppy engineering shortcut answer to improving crappy fuel economy on a variety of Japanese and other vehicles that are fuel pigs for their size..

I like a scooter for short trips to the store at the Jersey shore, half-helmet, T-shirt, flip flops and all.
I do not like scooters being marketed as highway cruisers for the Geritol set.

Back