• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Admin warning for deleted post..

aa3jy

I'm making this public so others can chime in on this one..

I posted a comment with a well known military acronym and then decided to delete the post after thinking about. Well low and behold my trash(deleted post) was read and I was admonished for it...

I can go into more detail off line..but now we have to contend with the trash police as well..

Clay -

I'm sure you realize that the Moderators have some controls to look at information in a variety of situations, one of them being deleted posts.

I think in this situation, your initial post was read by one of the moderators and reported as "problematic" to the other moderators and you were contacted about it. In the span of time for that to happen, you then deleted your post. But, then you now know about the first point above.

If you had deleted it before anyone really noticed it or commented on it, it would have been a non issue.

Sometimes things happen pretty quick on the forum...it's a changing situation. Sometimes things languish for a long time. I think you're situation fell "just right".

If you have any issues with this, don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

I hit the request to delete request with in I believe 2-5 seconds after posting..but the point is now we are responsible for the content of our trash... Wow!!! Some have to get life..

Clay -

I didn't realize that it all happened that quick. There must have been some serious alignment of the stars in this case. I'll look into more details...

Thanks...

proper acronyms?

Can we get a list? I have done the same thing and received my warnings. I have tried to be more careful; but sometimes the things you use on a daily basis become a part of your vernacular and you forget that some PC types might become "offended".

Yeah, but a PM doesn't do anything for us lurkers.
It's really not as dramatic as it looks..or at least it shouldn't be.

Can we get a list? I have done the same thing and received my warnings. I have tried to be more careful; but sometimes the things you use on a daily basis become a part of your vernacular and you forget that some PC types might become "offended".
Probably not. Here on the Forum we have a great group of members and along with that great group, the moderators help keep things running smooth. For the most part when we have a Reported Post we take a look and see what's up and if anything needs to be done. Frequently we have to look at the spirit of the post an if the post has, let's say, an acronym that is coupled with what appears to be a non-helpful, mean spirited, snarky response-especially when a new member is involved- we will frequently send a reminder that in this community, helping is better than snarky. Frequently any of the acronyms with the letter F will be looked at rather close.
Enjoy the Forum and if you can be a help :thumb Gary

Back