• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Grayboy Closing

rebake

Not a BMW shop anymore,but "Tote" has been in Peoria area for over 45 years.Gets credit for bringing dirt track racing to Illinois and the return of the Springfield mile.Guess i wil have to find another place to hang out on sat mornings..Ed

Really?

Details Please? Why closing? As you said, been around forever...what happened? A good shop that will be missed.

Sherry has been in charge for a while,Tote has had health issues and pretty much keeps in the background.If they have an auction,it will be a good one.Lots of old bikes,etc-he even has a pink caddy in the warehouse.Sure will miss the place.Ed

Latest news is a possible deal with another multi-brand dealer taking over the shop.May know more soon,but BMW won't be in the line.

Not too far from Lexington to Countryside BMW.Nice bunch of folks there and they know what they are doing.

Heard this morning that World of Powersports in Decater il has bought Grayboy-taking over oct 1.Ed

Thanks Roy,maybe i can go to Macs' place.:dunno

Noooooooo, I don't think so, Lucy!

I'd heard that world of Powersports was interested..so that's good news. Now if they don't take away all the chairs from the side of the building where we old farts hang out on Saturday mornings, all will be well. BTW, I did near Gina's made a swoop on all the old BMW stuff Tote had in the back room. Ah well.

Mac

We are pushing for new chairs and an awning on the patio!!Most of the old bike stuff is gone,they have some old frames and a couple bikes without titles.Parts dept is looking kinda picked over too.

Gryaboy auction...and more.

As previously mentioned, Grayboy Motorsports of Peoria Heights, Illinois has been purchased by World of Powersports of Decatur, Illinois. Saturday, the World of Powersports guys bought Thunder Powersports of Washington, Illinois (KTM / Suzuki ) and reportedly made an offer on Cupi's Motorsports of Pekin. Their offer was reportedly declined. World of Powersports plans a Superstore (Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, jetskis, quads, etc near the I-474/Rt. 150 interchange...reportedly.

Tote Gray's fifty-year accumulation of parts, memorabilia, old cycle magazines and bikes goes on the auction block Saturday morning at 9-AM in Peoria Heights. Some BMW parts from the
two times he was a BMW Dealer. I know there's a couple of Rickman fairings and a Vetter Phantom as well as about ten thousand other items....

Mac

Update;World of Power Sports has also taken over the Yamaha/KTM dealership from Washington Illinois and the are looking to move to a new location in the spring.No talk of BMW yet,but Ducati has been mentioned.Ed

Back