Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: E10/E15 gasoline

e15 will be no good and damaging to older air cooled engines of all types because it will make them run hotter so the only thing to do will be to reduce the power demand and seriously moderate aggressive and hot weather riding

Signage may not be effective if e15 is sold alongside of e10 in pumps having only one hose - there will be a significant quantity of the last customer's gas choice coming down the hose to your tank before you get what you really selected - this is a problem that bugs me everyday as I search for the available non-ethanol pumps in Wisconsin - only a relatively few of the stations still offering the non-ethanol gas sell it through the older style pumps with a dedicated hose for each product selection

How about the e15 - I haven't seen it yet - can anybody tell us if it is pumped out of a dedicated hose?

beemerfield
    OK- I bought some Seafoam. Plan on trying a little to see what happens. Hopefully, it won't be like what some people around here have experienced with their BP Gas.

I guess check back with me in a few years for the answer!

Found CD 2 oil treatment , but no CD 2 gas treatment yet.
    beemerfield

Rally Rat
    Hard to find non-blended fuel in North Dakota (premium is the exception -- though not the rule) and Minnesota requires ALL to be 10-percent blend. Personally, I shoot for premium -- and finding something over 91 is tough(!) -- then add Gunk brand Lead Substitute. Some will argue the benefit/result, but to my ears it seems to help.

Minnesota permits stations to sell ethanol free gas if the station wishes to do so, for classic cars, lawn mowers, old bikes, and the like, as per a law passed, I think, in about 1992. Of course it's illegal to put ethanol free gas in a car that can burn it even though it'll go further on than with ethanol. Go figure?

I git mine at local privately owned station, 92 no ethanol, always considerably more expensive? ON the road? Take along list from ethanol free gas, google it. Or run ethanol through it on the road, and tank up when you get back.

CAn't say it's gonna last, smok'em if ya got'em.

So with E15 addatives dont actually help and reduce the damage?

I have a vintage airhead and the last thing I want is my motorcycle damaged.

The big problem is that here in California there are almost no ethanol free pumps anywhere. If they do exist they are out in the boonies far away from Los Angeles. :\

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by 44006 View Post
    Signage may not be effective if e15 is sold alongside of e10 in pumps having only one hose - there will be a significant quantity of the last customer's gas choice coming down the hose to your tank before you get what you really selected - this is a problem that bugs me everyday as I search for the available non-ethanol pumps in Wisconsin - only a relatively few of the stations still offering the non-ethanol gas sell it through the older style pumps with a dedicated hose for each product selection
    I don't think that will be a problem because I don't think there will be many if any people buying E-15.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbf View Post
    The big problem is that here in California there are almost no ethanol free pumps anywhere. If they do exist they are out in the boonies far away from Los Angeles. :\
    They don't put ethanol in aircraft engines. Might be a good source for you if you're close to a small airstrip.
    Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Aircrafts use completely different fuel from what I understand, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    They don't put ethanol in aircraft engines. Might be a good source for you if you're close to a small airstrip.
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe it's illegal for the airport fuel services to sell aviation gas for street use. At least I believe so here in California.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

I believe you're correct...use of aviation fuel for road use is illegal, if for no other reason that the appropriate taxes haven't been paid for it.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!