• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man with an R60/6...

crimsonaudio

Well, not yet. Just bought a '74 R60/6 from a friend in recently, need to have it transported to me so I can start the restoration. Can't wait - it's my first BMW!

The only pic I have is my buddy riding it:

Attachments

• 40502_418639426050_8176647_n.jpg
    40502_418639426050_8176647_n.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 74
Looks to be in pretty good shape. Welcome to the Forum. I'm thinking you'll be grinning from ear to ear once you get the bike home. Have fun.

My fist bike. I learned to ride on an R60/6. Not the sexiest R bike but you will love it. It is the smoothest of all the /6 bikes. Super easy to work on. They are fun bikes. Wish I still had mine. Don't ever sell it. You will kick yourself for years.

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Welcome to the Forum. I'm thinking you'll be grinning from ear to ear once you get the bike home. Have fun.
Yah, needs a little work but it's in good shape.

My fist bike. I learned to ride on an R60/6. Not the sexiest R bike but you will love it. It is the smoothest of all the /6 bikes. Super easy to work on. They are fun bikes. Wish I still had mine. Don't ever sell it. You will kick yourself for years.
Well, I bought it planning to sell it - a friend of mine used to own this exact bike but had to sell it a few years ago when he needed money to move to a new city. He's regretted it ever since. So I was able to find the buyer and I told him when he decided to sell it, I wanted the first shot at it. He finally caved so here we are.

The plan is to restore it - possibly a frame off, depends on how deep I want to get into it - then offer it to my bud for pennies on the dollar. Not a gift, per se, but it may as well be for what I think I'm going to offer it to him for. He's a good guy.

I will, of course, enjoy it in the interim. :brow

Back