• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Michigan Riders

West Michigan said:
We'll probably leave Ludington between 8 and 9. My wife is not an early riser. The bike will be packed Wednesday night, so we'll be ready to dress and leave right away Thursday. If you'd like to ride together, we could meet somewhere on U.S. 10 and head out -- Big Boy, Shell Station, Taco Bell. Is 8:30 a.m. too late for you? My cell phone is 231-510-9219.

8:30 AM is a little late. ;) I'm trying to beat most of the traffic and the heat.
Well, I guess I'll meet you in Beemerville. Call me if you like, if you wanted to meet up or so. :thumb

Rob Stevens

Is your wife still looking for someone to ride with on Fri? MY SO is heading down earlier in the week, but I can't due to work and going back to school. I am considering leaving Fri early myself or LATE Thursday from the Walker area.

Catrina

leaving from harrietta via the Sault

Manistee/ Ludington, I think I'll leave tues. or Wed. via Sault Ste Marie and Montreal ,then south with possible return through upstate N.Y. and Ontario. Contact tomz@bignetnorth.net k1200rs

Date confusion

Why are all these posts from the 2005 rally here? That asked, my buddy and I are leaving from Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti area on Wednesday morning (2006!) and riding through Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. We're planning a motel stop somewhere in upstate NY wednesday night, and planning to cross Lake Champlain on the ferry Thursday. If anyone would care to join us, they would be welcome.

BeemoKat said:
Why are all these posts from the 2005 rally here? QUOTE]

Just a guess, but prolly because they started this thread before the rally last year......

Why?

:wave
YES... this was last years BEEMERVILLE run to Lima OH, but...
It's that time again.
I'll probably be leaving early Wednesday morning or even Tuesday evening (to get a head start) towards Beemerville VT.
Anyone who wants to join me or I can meet up with, that be great.
I don't really have a route planned yet, but... cutting through Canada to PA has crossed my mind.
Any good suggestions? :brow

ofccat said:
Is your wife still looking for someone to ride with on Fri? MY SO is heading down earlier in the week, but I can't due to work and going back to school. I am considering leaving Fri early myself or LATE Thursday from the Walker area.

Catrina

WOW...
To VT it's a stiff days ride with little or almost no stops.
Are you sure you are leaving Friday?

2006 rally

I am coming from New lothrop MI , plan to leave the Saturday or Sunday before the rally , ride across Canada to Syracuse NY ( first day) then up to Watertown then Burlington VT.

Right now I think I got one couple from Washington twp MI coming with me ( first rally and long trip for them)

zzkvsl said:
I am coming from New lothrop MI , plan to leave the Saturday or Sunday before the rally , ride across Canada to Syracuse NY ( first day) then up to Watertown then Burlington VT.

Right now I think I got one couple from Washington twp MI coming with me ( first rally and long trip for them)

Well,...
I promised to work until Tuesday, so I can't join you :(
But hey,... You guys have a great ride. See you in VT.

2006 rally

Our small group (three) is leaving on Wednesday from Ann Arbor. Anyone is welcome to join us.
We don't have a route planned yet -we'll probably spend a fair amount on the slab :banghead just to make some time on the first day. Then enjoy some pretty upstate NY riding on Thursday.

What the brutha says!

Daver90s said:
Our small group (three) is leaving on Wednesday from Ann Arbor. Anyone is welcome to join us.
We don't have a route planned yet -we'll probably spend a fair amount on the slab :banghead just to make some time on the first day. Then enjoy some pretty upstate NY riding on Thursday.

What Dave says, anyone is welcome to ride with us.

Canada way

I am leaving Tuesday from Emmet County and heading up through the U.P. Sault Ste Marie to Sudbury. Probably camp somewhere then get into the rally Wednesday afternoon.

Hiawatha said:
I am leaving Tuesday from Emmet County and heading up through the U.P. Sault Ste Marie to Sudbury. Probably camp somewhere then get into the rally Wednesday afternoon.

I don't think you can get into the rally until 8:00am on Thursday. There are alternate campsites you can use if you arrive early, however. Unless you are helping out, then I think you can get in on Wednesday... in that case, just ignore me. :D

Leaving Friday?

Whiplash...

I had seriously considered it since I went back to college and have classes I casn not miss Thursday night, but now I am not. I realized the ferry from Canada to NY that would have cut out a lot of time is now closed. Oh well hopefully next years will be in a great place too!!

Back